Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sslavey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 03:25 PM
    2nd mortgage foreclosed
    2nd mortgage holder foreclosed on home, 1st mortgage was current - lender selling home what happens if home is sold for more than what was owed?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Lender will owe you, after paying 1st and expenses. When is the sale scheduled? You should attend, if possible. The 1st has to be paid off in order to give the 2nd or high bidder a clear title. 1st is not likely to discount the payoff unless it needs cash.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 06:51 PM
    If home sells for more than 1st and 2nd mortgage, I would say God worked a sign of wonder in your life, since I have in all my years of buying and selling properties, never saw one sell for enough to even pay the first mortgage off.

I guess if you don't owe much on either mortate, but at a foreclosure sale, normally they never bring more than 1/2 of their actual value at best. Normally the 1st mortgage holder ends up with it for the money that is owed them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st and 2nd mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

I had a 80/20 loan on my property. The 80 was foreclosed on what is the position of the 20? The loan company is trying to make me pay it.

2nd. Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get a 2nd mortgage if you have a equity loan? What is a 2nd mortgage??

My landlord's mortgage foreclosed, what can I expect the bank to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord's mortgage foreclosed last week. The property went to auction today, 4/18/07, and no one bought it, so the bank now owns the property. We paid rent to our landlord for 4/1/07. We were tenants at will, so there was no lease. She has our last month's rent, which we were looking to...

2nd mortgage foreclosures [ 1 Answers ]

If the 1st lien holder forecloses on a property can the 2nd lien holder seek monies?

View more questions Search