Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omnipotent1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 03:09 AM
    Kuma
    DrBillKumaman'
    Your response intrigues me.I heard that you were actually a karate master of Isshinryu and last held the rank of 15th Dan Master of the Planet- Ruler of the world. I train under another humble karate Sensei Katagwa who is one up Dan Master of the world Ruler of the Universe... He simply states his rank is "One Up" on anyone else in the dojo. Why is it so important that everyone believe that you are the oldest known practitioner of Kuma, wouldn't mastering Isshinryu Kata serve your time better? I am proud that you know this Kuma training and I am sure it benefits those of us in Okinawan Martial Arts as you are very well known in my circle. How is it I have known you for decades and never heard you mention this before?
    Kneel in my presence,
    Omnipotent1
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

May 8, 2006, 02:49 AM
    Ha ha.

Silly the one of which you speak of is junior to me.

You cannot have more rank that I.

As an example: (I had warned them before this incident happened not to attack me, that they had not chance against me, and I did not want to hurt them), to the action:

Recently two I know passingly decided to try my patience.
    I blocked his knee lift/kick (since I stopped it before it got very far I do not know which he was trying), blocked the punch to me left, blocked the punch to my right, slapped him lightly, on the other I blocked his punch to my left, and slapped him. Of course both went down, and when they they got up, they both said they did not even see me hit them. I believe my response was "what kind of fighter would i be if you could see me hit"

Let's review: I did 3 blocks and a contact move, then (on a different person)block then contact again and neither of them in that entire time saw me move!!
    They had their eyes open, they are not blind. Hum, I seem to be fast, don't I? By the way I only used one hand, because these guys moved so slow I did not feel I needed to move fast, at all.

Perhaps you will learn that thinking you are superior is not as good as actually being superior. Of course they had threatened to kill me before they attacked, and one of them continued to threaten to kill me long afterward, and indeed even got a family member to join them in threatening to kill me, as well as since I would not be intimidated lied to my boss to try to get me fired, stupid people. If you cannot effect a change through physical means to try to resort to lying is said and fruitless.

You see the person you speak about is not the longest or oldest praticioner of that martial art which you try to speak about. I am the oldest who admits they practice such an art, but several trained when I did. But I hold the highest rank in that art in the world, and in some other martial art(s) I also hold the highest rank in the world. I know every martial art in the world, because you can only do so much with the movement of a human body, all is similar if not the same. Many names bespeak the same. eawoodall.

And no, none of the other public practitioners of this martial art believe me, just like you don't believe me. So do not blame anyone else when I tell you the truth and you don't believe it. Do not blame them for my superiority. I did not train with any of them or with anyone any of them know. I trained before them all, and from my experience in life perhaps, just perhaps I trained better? Who knows? Psalm 144:1
    Style Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

May 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Rank is a rather silly way to judge someone's competence as a martial artist frankly, since in reality any person who creates their own fighting style (as ineffective as it may be) is the grandmaster of that style, 10th degree blackbelt or higher if they choose to implement higher ranks, because it's Their style...

Jun 12, 2006, 10:27 PM
    good point.

rank is rather silly way to judge ability. But it is all we have.

I have been the object of attack over ten thousand separate times by estimate, I seem to be still here. Perhaps I know something?

of course none of the styles that I am highest ranked in the world did I create. They are all established styles and most people of the world have heard of at least one of them. Of course since I value privacy extremely few know I am the highest rated in these styles, so doubt is always there, and that is okay, better to surprise your opponent with. Surprise is one of the best ways to win any fight, without even trying.

have a good day. Be safe.

Sep 25, 2006, 11:36 PM
    A. Kuta practitioners don't go to dojo, so being the best in dojo is second best to us.

B.we do real world stuff.

C. Dr bill is wrong as he is second to me in oldest that I would like to mention at this time. I know another half dozen people who studied near when I did, and at least a couple predate me by a week or two, but I have a higher rank.
    As Dok Lee said to me, "if I would not be a Dok he would award the rank to no one, because no one else deserved it". And he never gave the rank to anyone else to my knowledge.

D. Isshin ryu Karate is a shorted form of (mostly) kuta, just like hikuta is 'highlights of kuta'. That you after knowing bill for years this must be because you are not enough of a student to know. You have not matured enough, you are not ready, for the truth perhaps?

E. none kneel ever in your presence. If you will not respect your elders you should fear you betters.
    eawoodall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search