Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manchester thani Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 08:37 AM
    about applets
    can any one suggest me a method to get the values in the dialog box using applets(Swing technology)... I desperately need it for my seminar..
    mybestfuture Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Hi,

String retVal = JOptionPane.showInputDialog( <your applet obj here> , "Enter number");

Try this sample in any one of the event in your applet class.
    The first argument should be the controller for this option dialog, in your case you may use your applet object there.

The return value is what is entered by user. It returns null if user enters nothing.

Hope this will helps you,
    Regs.
    Santhakumar S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorer 6 VM(java applets) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my Explorer browser. Recently my computer was infected by a virus called win32.Mydoo.hllm. I managed to get rid of it but since than my internet explorer doesn't upload correctly any java applets that are in websites. And its immpossible to browse like this. It...

Can't view Java Applets! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Everybody, I have Juno (5.0) installed on my PC (Windows 98SE), and I also use Internet Explorer 6.0. I did go to http://www.java.com to make sure everything is up-to-date. I have JVM 1.4.2 installed. When I view web sites with java applets on them, they work fine. The problem is when I...

View more questions Search