Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmama19 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2008, 06:39 AM
    When do you start to feel the baby move?
    When do you start to feel the baby move I'm am now 16 weeks and a day and I have yet to feel the baby move
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Mar 31, 2008, 06:59 AM
    It varies from woman to woman. My last child moved a lot once he started. I was 6 or 7 months along then and he was a small baby with lots of space to do somersaults. He usually waited until I was lying down for a nap or ready to sleep for the night.

I think a larger baby might do less turning and not be as noticeably active. Be 7 months you will most likely feel some thumps though.

I recall occasionally knocking on my stomach to get his attention. It usually worked.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 31, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Reading your other post you seem to be concerned of an incident that happened, My suggestion is that you go to the doctor or call the doctor if you are concerned about something being wrong.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Mar 31, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I felt him around 16 weeks. Everyone says it feels like fluttering, but to me it felt like thumping or like a fish swimming aroun and hitting my stomach. Ways for you try to feel your baby is to drink some juice, something hot or cold, then lay down for about an hour and while your laying down pay close attention to your body and I bet you'll be able to feel something. If not this week try again in two weeks. Every time I had something sugary, hot or cold my baby could go crazy. Congratulations
    pregnantquestio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I also started feeling mine at 17 weeks, and I did not feel a thumping... or a fluttering... I felt like a little line going acroos my lower abdomen (like if you run the tip of your finger on the back yof your hand)... and that where I feel him kick most of the time now and I am 24 weeks pregnant. So don't worry, if you are a first time mommy like me you won't even know if it's the baby or not.
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Apr 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
    I was around 20 weeks but just ask the experts to check you over if you are worried that's what there for.
    imkindablonde Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:05 AM
    I felt what I think was my first movement at 14.5 weeks! It felt like a very faint pop in my lower belly. I have never felt the feeling before so I presume that is what it was! I have been getting a little nudge every night now for a week! To be honest I was on the look out for the feeling because I was reading up on it. They say if your slim you feel it earlier? It is an amazing feeling though! Like becca 1025 it happens to me when I usually drink a hot drink! But my sister didn't feel anything until her 21st week! Different things for different people!

Congrats and don't worry... he/she will start the acrobats very soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex dumped me and I feel like I can't move on [ 11 Answers ]

OK well about 3 weeks ago my ex girlfriend broke up with me. I have known this girl for 2 years and I can't get her out of my mind. She said she broke up with me because she needed to be alone and she didn't want to be with anyone right now but she said she still loves me. Im not sure if I...

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 5 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

Not feeling my baby move [ 7 Answers ]

I am 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant. For the past couple of weeks I have felt my baby move and over the last few days it has been pretty often. As of now I have not felt my baby move in about 24 hours. I am starting to freak out and I don't go back to the dr until next Friday. Am I just being...

When do you normally feel the baby moving for the first time? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 8 weeks pregnant with my first.. and I am just wondering when the first sign of the baby moving would be felt. Everyone Ive asked has said around 3 months they felt their baby move.. which I am in the last week of the second month

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 6 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

View more questions Search