Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    459 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Can someone explain to me Bardeen- Cooper-Schriefer Theory in superconductivity ?
    I've read lot of things related to BCS Theory in superconductivity .
    But I'm not able 2 get a clear picture of it.
    Can sum1 xplain it to me in simple terms as if I'm a 10 year old child.
    Hey its urgent...
    I need the answer as early as possible...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 31, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Well judging by your typing "skills" you are only about 10.

BCS Theory in superconductivity - Google Search
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2008, 12:32 PM
    BCS theory could explain many observed effects such as 0 resistivity, Meissner effect,isotope effect etc.This theory basically explains the properties of type1 superconductors.Main feature is the formation of Cooper pairs(electrons nr Fremi level having opp.spin coupled together)
    The first electron flies through the lattice and attracts the positive ions.such that the e- gets screened by the +ve charges reducing the efective charge of this e-.Due to this attraction the crystal lattice gets deformed locally.
    This lattice deformation attracts the second electron because of the accumulation of positive charges.the 2nd e- interacts with the 1st one via lattice deformation.This interaction is said to be due to the xchange of a virtual phonon b/w the 2 e-
    [Phonons are a quantum mechanical version of a special type of vibrational motion, known as normal modes in classical mechanics, in which each part of a lattice oscillates with the same frequency. Although normal modes are wave-like phenomena in classical mechanics, they acquire certain particle-like properties when the lattice is analysed using quantum mechanics . They are then known as phonons.]

Is this enough or do u want more xplanation??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To use heat on existing cooper wasteline [ 3 Answers ]

First of all I should probably spell COPPER correctly. Sorry folks. I'm replacing an upstairs bathroom sink. The existing waste line is inch and a half copper. Will it be safe to use heat to remove the pipe? Space is limited to use a cutter and no space for a hacksaw. My concern is of any...

Bending 1/2 " cooper pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a novice do-it -yourselfer. I'm trying to replace a new shower but the new valve I purchased does not line up with the old cooper piping supply lines. It is 1/2" cooper and is off about 3/4" on either side of the fixture. Can Cooper piping be bent slighting and if so how? Thank you.

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search