Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2006, 04:52 PM
    I agree with Talaniman. FrChuck is way off base on this defective gene theory - there is no scientific fact to back him up. Do alcoholics have a defective gene too? Are they allowed into your church?
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 22, 2006, 06:30 PM
    I agree completely with teleniman.. how dare you label anyone as defective just because your point of view on life is so narrow... accept and respect other views besides your own!
    brighid Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 10:37 AM
    What? They quit trying to cure homosexuality?~! "They" threw in the towel, huh? :eek:
    ... Really Fr. Chuck, to whom are you referring to? Are you really that up to date on biological research being done to Cure homosexuality? Or are you just throwing scientific jargin around to sound like you actually know what you are talking about and seem credible? I would stick to your honest opinion, and not take the chance stating gossip and rumor as 'Fact,'

You're bound to offend.

And, relating to the initial question. Yes, women are more nurturing and affectionate. I think they are more prone to bisexuality. But no, I do not agree that all women have the tendency. Definitely more, but not all. Come on... seriously. Are you really trying to prove this? There are millions of women who have absolutely no desire to be with another woman.
    OK, got to go. No manifesto here.
    Peace
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Ahhh but desire is one thing... tendency is another. Sure they may not have the desire. That is where the choice comes in. This is different for men. There is something missing with [most] men LONG before the choice.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 25, 2006, 06:25 PM
    Hmmm, there are days when I think with our eyes tightly closed we would all be bisexual :eek:

Nature or nurture, many good points made here! There is something to be said for how any one culture views things.

I tend to go with a lot of what AugustKnight had to say... and would only add a few more things like this:

From what I have observed of many friends and acquaintances, it's a big gradation scale where one is largely hetro but not completely, or one is gay but leans toward bi, and another is lesbian but could easily revert to straight and then others are more solidly in one category only. Great variety there.

I don't think the biology that AugustKnight mentioned can be so easily dismissed too. I take note that men are the natural sexual givers and women are the natural sexual receivers - I mean the body parts just don't lie!

And our roles each have their deep connections to that arrangement too - despite what all my liberated feminist sisters say. I can hear them fixing to lynch me now! LOL

Men are, by and large, still faster, taller, stronger and that says a whole lot to me right there.

So in at least these regards I think the men get tagged as the most aggressive half and that makes them repel instintively to some degree. And the women are not and so it's a whole lot easier to couple up whether it accurately reflect any true lesbianism or not.

Lots of factors in this one. :p

Certainly a very interesting question!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 25, 2006, 10:43 PM
    Just a quick thought here... A women can't get another women pregnant. I wonder if fear of childbirth may have something to do with the choices that some women make as far as sexual partners... I also wonder if "normal" is the wrong word. By definition normal is not what it was ten years ago. I think that the definition of normal is: Societies acceptable behavior as of the age it's defined in... that being said who said anything about anyone being normal? Women who are bi or gay tend to have had rocky past with men, and in that moment have turned to the more nurturing of the sexes, women. I don't think that women are born into the standard of a predisposition of wanting to be with another women just as men aren't. I think that we are all a product of our sociaty and that that changes for each individual. As for the original question. No I don't personally think so. I think that it's a matter of free will.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 10:01 AM
    I'm sure that some still believe that only those that have been 'traumatized' in the past while evolving through their sexuality tend to 'divert'. But I don't think this is the case. I'm certain that each one of us has had the occasion to make a choice, either by being attracted in some way, or by invitation - even if everything else in our lives went 'molestation-free'.

I think that there is a competitor's attitude - in men and women - being that if a woman sees other women as competition - they are generally not going to be attracted to that competition.

The same goes with men.

When at an early age we don't feel threatened by our 'own kind' then we gain a better understanding of the emotions and not just the physical aspect.

A good example of this is working in the OB/GYN clinic and definitely not being turned on by another women. Or, a woman who's been molested or raped still being interested in men. I think, therefore it's all in taste - started just like everything - the urge to experiment and making a choice.

At any rate, this is quite a subject, and will have as many opinions as there are individuals reading it.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Until I can see scientific evidence to th contrary I will abide by the fact that we humans cannot help how we feel and no one else can say whether your right or wrong!
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Until I can see scientific evidence to th contrary I will abide by the fact that all women are bisexual and they cannot help how they feel and no one else can say that Im wrong!

:evilgrin: hehe
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Until I can see scientific evidence to th contrary I will abide by the fact that all women are bisexual and they cannot help how they feel and no one else can say that Im wrong!

:evilgrin: hehe
    You devil, you! That's not what he said...

There are some things in life that I just accept, and let other's ponder about when they have time. I have friends from all walks of life, and they each contribute - I love them all!

Have a great holiday weekend!

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Not all women are bi and not all men are either-Jizzle have you been fantisizing again?:cool: :eek:
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Not all women are bi and not all men are either-Jizzle have you been fantisizing again?:cool: :eek:
    AHHH, Fantasies! I think I'll have a few myself this weekend! OOOOH!
    WOW, do that again...

Sorry folks, that's another subject
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Yes, in my own little workd over here, I am tall, dark, and handsome, very intelligent and all women are bisexual.

Oh yeah, and their all in love with me!

Now the REAL question is would AI's be bisexual and if so, would their souls be bisexual, too??
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 03:29 PM
    I think all AIs, except for my vibrator, are ASEXUAL.

He's so true to me, hummmms whenever I touch him, and doesn't give me any lip service. (notice the gendre?)

Believe it or not, I was going to log out for the night - it's 24:30 here now and I've been on for hours - and when my messenger notified me of your post I could swear my PC giggled...

Oh well, each to his/her own fantasy!

Like my new toy??

Good Night..
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    I think all AIs, except for my vibrator, are ASEXUAL.
    Ahha! So vibrators ARE AI, which concludes the argument as to where men get 100% of thir intelligence! ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 03:46 PM
    CORRECTION: Maybe I exaggerated a little on the percentage of intelligent men in my life. I lost count three months ago.

I want to thank you guys for helping me get my mind off the pain I've endured after surgery. You've really 'made my day'.

Have a Wonderful...
    Weekend
    Fantasy
    Dream
    Dinner
    Whatever... Take your pick and go with it.

It's been fun, we have to do this again sometime.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 03:47 PM
    You, too Chery... your company is ALWAYS welcome and appriciated!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 26, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Gosh, we've got to stop meeting this way. People will start talking.
    But, it has been a pleasure for me as well.

always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
    I Think That A lot Of It Is Because Of Tv. They Always Make It Look Hot And Cool. I Think That's Why A lot Of Girls Are Very Curious About It And Some Like To Do It To Atract The Attention Of Men. We All Know They Like It.
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Mar 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    This may spur some debate or it may just die away unnoticed... either way, here it is:

Are all women bi-sexual (if not homosexual)? Or in other words, is there such a thing as a "purely heterosexual woman?"

Here are a few things to stir the pot a bit:

In nature, everything has either a positive (+) or a negative (-) energy. Naturally, these things are meant to be drawn to eachother. In such, men are designed to be ATTRACTED (+), while women are designed to be ATTRACTIVE (-). So, in this sense, wouldnt it be that, since all women have this attractive energy, that women would also be attracted to them?

In society, it is acceptable/natural for young girls to hold hands, hug, even bathe or shower together. However, the rules change for young boys. Why is that?

It is also acceptable for older women to kiss one another; however, once again, the rules with men.

The statistics on how many women are either bisexual or homosexual BLOW the numbers for men out of the water.

....just a couple things to spark the conversation.
    I would say 95% of all women have thought about being with another woman. And if you say you haven't you're lying. I have never been with a woman and I LOVE men and their equipment, but I'm curious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Nature Of The Human Soul: [ 28 Answers ]

What lies ahead as the ultimate destiny of the soul? HANK :)

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature [ 5 Answers ]

I keep giving Karen wine and bracelets like she likes, but her heart is always black. How do I get her to like me? I even gift-wrap it! >:(

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature help! [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help concerning HM: BTN... Does anyone know how to get the fishing rod from Greg? I'm in my first fall now but so far I've never even seen Greg. People say that he comes from 6:00 - 10:00 AM at the Mineral Beach pier but I've never seen him there... Could someone help me out please? ...

Are we good by nature? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I wasn't sure where to place this, the other option was "religion" but I decided not to make it merely a religion-related topic, because this might have taken to debate to a certain direction. On the other hand, I was afraid "Philosophy" was too, high, so I had a swift glance around,...

A sneaky nature... [ 18 Answers ]

My husband of 30 years has fantazied with every woman he comes in contact with, even as we are together. He sneaks winks, touchs and speical connections with any woman, regardless if he knows her or not. It seems to be a challenge to see if he can get them to respond. When we are in public he is...

View more questions Search