Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsolonely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Long distance relationship
    I met a girl over the internet about a year ago, we were decent friends at first and then it quickly evolved into me and her basically dating over the internet. We talk on the phone and have sent pictures to each other on a regular basis. The only really problem is that we are both young adults and live about 1600 miles away, so meeting each other in person is out of the question for the time being, and she knows that. But just recently, she seems to have lost interest in me as far as intamacy goes. It wasn't a problem up until 2-3 months ago.. we still talk everyday and I have asked her about it and she says she doesn't really have an answer. I'm starting to think she might be losing interest in me. Is my logic justified? If so.. any sugggestions on what I might do to help?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 04:32 AM
    I hate to break this to you but a long distance relationship is doomed from the start, especially when the two you can't meet to put some depth into it. She lost interest because she probably couldn't keep the dialogue going. And intimacy. What intimacy ?

Meet someone you can have a solid meaningful face to face relationship with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 09:15 AM
    me and her basically dating over the internet.
    How do you call talking a date?
    She seems to have lost interest in me as far as intamacy goes.
    What intimacy?
    I'm starting to think she might be losing interest in me.
    Now your correct, she is tired of this long distance tag game, and is requiring something more personal and INTIMATE!
    Is my logic justified?
    Your correct in that she is needing more, and unless you bridge the gap, sorry, forget a relationship in cyberspace being more than what it is, a poor choice for the real thing.
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Mar 31, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I've been there before.. this whole online "dating" thing.. I'd stay up all night and talk to her, we'd talk on the phone all the time.. I really felt she was perfect.. So it was inevitable that I would eventually save up money to go overseas and see her. We hit it off at first but in the course of the week I could see that there's a huge difference too it. It takes time to grow intimate with someone and mere phone conversations / e-mails / online chatting ; doesn't quite cut it.. I would say that unless you're willing to go back and forth all the time then this is a lost cause and you should quit while you're ahead.
    I can't say I regret it because everything is an experience, but it ended up being a huge mistake cause we just weren't compatible beyond online talking.. and I was left disapointed and financially poorer than before :P Even so, we're really good friends now and I'm happy about that.
    So my advice to you is to let this one go unless like talaniman said you're willing to bridge the gap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I are about 2100 miles away!! :( It's 2 months until I see him again, and its been 3months since I've seen him. Has anyone ever been in a long distance relationship or is in one? Write your stories here:)

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys :) guess this can also be just as fun as keeping a relationship alive I know you can't really keep anything because nothing is really yours. And lala and the more you pull the more you push away balh stuff :) I know the mottos What id like is some advice please. Anyone around...

Long distance relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been with a girl for 5 months I live in england she lives in Florida we talk everyday and I really love her she loves me I think she is too controlling cause when it comes to hanging up the phone she what's to hang up the phone all the time I tell her everything about me I tell her what I...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

My b/f works out on the road for 4 weeks at a time and comes home for 1 week. My question is what ideas do you have to keep it spicy and hot while he's gone and when he comes home. We phone each other every night and text through the day but I don't want to be boring during these times. We are both...

Long Distance relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi. Where do I begin :( I live on the west coast... the guy I have been seeing for about 6 months now lives on the east coast. (3000 miles away) he and I get along GREAT.. we have a great time together and really liked each other A lot. We talked every single day with text and phone...

View more questions Search