Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willow23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Kenmore Elite dishwasher will not fill with water
    Hello - hope someone can help! I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher ultrawash quietguardII 577-0 Mod# 66517283401. It seems to go a complete cycle fine but the dishes aren't cleaned at all. I'm suspecting that it won't fill with water - the pump seems to be running, but no water rushing sounds on start-up. I've checked the hose that brings the hot water to the machine and it's fine. Is there a filter in the machine that could be blocked? Could the pump be dead? Any help gratefully received.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 07:11 PM
    You have a float switch just inside the unit at the front bottom left or right. Raise it up and down a few times. You have a filter screen at the water valve where the water supply connects. Remove it and check to make sure it's not obstructed. Check to mak sure the water valve is working
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
    It's also possible that the electric water valve is not functioning.
    Open the unit and check the valve. It's connected directly next to the water inlet.
    Use a multimeter to check if the water valve is powered when it SHOULD open the water inlet.
    If it is the valve, just replace it. If there is no electric power to the (selenoid) switch, there is a problem in the dishwasher.
    Be very careful : water and electricity are widow makers. Make sure not to touch anything when power is connected to the dishwasher.
    Success!
    ;)

Mar 30, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    You have a float switch just inside the unit at the front bottom left or right. Raise it up and down a few times. You have a filter screen at the water valve where the water supply connects. Remove it and check to make sure it's not obstructed. Check to mak sure the water valve is working

EXCELLENT - Thanks! Turned out to be a Lego helmet under the float! Many thanks :)

Mar 30, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    It's also possible that the electric water valve is not functioning.
    Open the unit and check the valve. It's connected directly next to the water inlet.
    Use a multimeter to check if the water valve is powered when it SHOULD open the water inlet.
    If it is the valve, just replace it. If there is no electric power to the (selenoid) switch, there is a problem in the dishwasher.
    Be very careful : water and electricity are widow makers. Make sure not to touch anything when power is connected to the dishwasher.
    Success!
    ;)
    Great ideas - many thanks- turned out to be a Lego helmet under the float!
    jayyjacob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Hi. I have a Kenmore Ultra-Wash Dishwasher 15895793 that won't fill with water. The timer seems to work and I hear the motor running fine. The heating element is working fine, too. Here's what I have done so far: -Checked the overflow float for sticking - OK -Checked the limit swith for the overflow - OK -Checked that the water inlet to the dishwasher - OK -Checked the continuity of the solenoid on the water inlet valve - OK -Disassembled the water inlet valve to check for clogged screen - OK I then re-assembled everything and it's still not working. I do not hear any buzzing sounds coming from the water inlet valve. Does that mean there is no electricity getting to the valve or that I have a faulty valve? Thanks in advance for your advice. Jay
    tsbhangoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
    I have kenmore dishwasher model 655-17263402 it runs full cycle but dishes are not clean they have white stains on them and around inside dishwasher white powder all over any suggestion.
    tonydd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 08:30 AM
    esquire1, you rock! I had a broken plastic fork under the float valve. Thanks again!
    2ronb2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the info... turned out to be a tail of the door gasket under the float valve!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore elite Dishwasher, How do I reset the control panel? I hit the start button and I get a 9 second countdown in the display timer then the dishwasher turns off.

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Dishwasher leaves a gritty residue in the bottoms of glasses, on cups, dishes, etc. It must be ground up food, but it's there even if I rinse the dishes. Any suggestions?

Kenmore dishwasher won't fill at start [ 1 Answers ]

Start button but water does not come in - when I cancel the start the drain pump starts to try pump water out so that works but the water does not come in at the beginning.

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher will not Agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I Just ran the dishwasher with the door open (wife not home to see... ) There is water coming out the bottom agitator and it is spinning slowly. The middle agitator has water coming out but it not spinning. THere is no water coming out the top agitator at all. Where to start?.

View more questions Search