Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taniagr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 04:20 PM
    What 80's movie is it where a boy's hair grows
    I'm not even sure it was an 80's movie but I remember I saw it in the 6th grade which was in 1988. All I can remember is there was a young boy that had hair that would not stop growing. I'm not sure if he was kidnapped or ran away but somehow a spell was placed on him and his hair wouldn't stop growing. I remember a scene where he was walking alone down the street on a windy day and his hair dragged in the street and leaves became entangled in it.

I wish I could remember more about it but that's the only scene that has played throughout my mind for the past 10 years. And every so often I wish I knew what it was just so I can get thinking about it out of my system. :) If anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know. Thanks!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 05:11 PM
    The Peanut Butter Solution!!!! I remember this movie when I was a kid! The boy lost his hair from being frightened by a ghost or something so he and his buddy, Connie, found the recipe for a hair growing potion. They put too much peanut butter in the formula which caused their hair to grow out of control! So the main character, Michael, was sitting in class and you could see his hair growing and his friend put some "down there". Connie ended up having his pubes growing out of his pant legs!:D I loved that movie as a kid!

Mar 31, 2008, 07:08 AM
    You are awesome!! Yes, I thought hair grew down his pants but I didn't want to say in case I was confusing my memory. That is it I can't wait to find it and buy it. Thanks so so much! Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom
    The Peanut Butter Solution!!!! I remember this movie when I was a kid! The boy lost his hair from being frightened by a ghost or something so he and his buddy, Connie, found the recipe for a hair growing potion. They put too much peanut butter in the formula which caused their hair to grow outta control! So the main character, Michael, was sitting in class and you could see his hair growing and his friend put some "down there". Connie ended up having his pubes growing out of his pant legs!:D I loved that movie as a kid!
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Check Ebay or Amazon.com!

By any chance did you ever see The Worst Witch? That was out around the same time. The main character, Mildred, was in a witchs' academy and well... she was a bad witch. She was always teased and getting in trouble for messing up her spells. It had Tim Curry, Charlotte Rae, and the main character was Fairuza Balk (who went on to later play Vicky Valencourt in the Waterboy). This one ring a bell? This one was good too and I figured anybody else who remembers the Peanut Butter Solution might remember this one too!

Mar 31, 2008, 12:03 PM
    No I don't believe I have. When I went looking for Peanut Butter Solution on Amazon.com it came up as well. I went to You Tube to look up The Worst Witch but it didn't look familiar.

It was so funny to read all the comments under the Peanut Butter Solution on Amazon because everyone somehow thought they dreamed up the movie. I remember our teacher brought it in for the class to see. I don't believe I ever even saw it on television.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Umm, I saw both of them on HBO-- back in the day when they actually would show kids' movies without you having to have a separate subscription.
    prokanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 08:40 AM

nikosmom:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I was talking to a friend today about old technology, old movies, old shows.. and I mentioned that I had never found out what this movie was and all I could remember was a creepy dream and some girl trying to keep her brother from drinking a solution to grow his hair back.

You just made my month. I had to create an account just to say this.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 05:31 PM

I'm glad my creepy memory served you well, prokanda! :p

Welcome to the community!
    jessica2boys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
    There's another 80's t.v movie where the kids somehow end up inside picture frames. Does anyone recall this one?
    Husk81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Wow I just was asking my friend if she had ever heard of a movie where the boys hair wouldn't stop growing. She said she had no Idea what I was talking about and said to Google it. I'm so glad I know the name of this movie now for years I literally thought I had dreamed it up. THANK YOU!
    carla_bieber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 10:33 PM
    OMG-I was thinking of this movie for years, and I also was thinking it was maybe just a dream. I remember a boys hair that would not stop growing and also going into a picture frame-all I could really remember about the movie-but it stuck with me-probably watched it a lot or something. No idea what the name of the movie is, but saw it when I was a kid in the 80's. I finally decided to Google it and found you guys-Thanks so much. I am not crazy!!
    carla_bieber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 10:33 PM
    OMG-I was thinking of this movie for years, and I also was thinking it was maybe just a dream. I remember a boys hair that would not stop growing and also going into a picture frame-all I could really remember about the movie-but it stuck with me-probably watched it a lot or something. No idea what the name of the movie is, but saw it when I was a kid in the 80's. I finally decided to Google it and found you guys-Thanks so much. I am not crazy!!
    lucky5177 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 08:52 AM
    OMG!! I was just asking a coworker about these movies and she told me to Google them because she's too young to remember that!! I couldn't remember how and why he was bald, but I remember peanut butter recipe to make his hair grow uncontrollable... WOW I loved HBO then. They really had some great kid movies then and didn't know that was the same girl in Waterboy from The Worst Witch. I used to hope that the family channel or some channel would show this movie during Halloween, but it never happened. :(... But thank you for asking the question and for the answer. You have brightened my day... :) Now I hope that I can find them somewhere to purchase...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Can't remember name of movie- 80's -90's family movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie that I used to watch when I was younger. It may have only been a television movie I am not certain. The movie was about two girls in high school. One was quite popular and the other was labeled a "nerd". The two got in trouble and their punishment was...

Late 80's movie or early 90's movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this movie where there is this girl who has long red hair and she lives with her mom and grandpa and she want to trade places with the rich popular girl. And they do switch.. I can't remember the name of the movie can anyone help me??

Boy's Behaviour Towards Girls [ 12 Answers ]

OK. I'm getting so tired of this. There are seven guys who are messing with me. For the last few days, two of them would flirt or look at me with puppy eyes then next few days, other guys would flirt excessively or try to touch me. But they would ignore me or harass me the next day. Then the whole...

Italian Boy's Confession [ 3 Answers ]

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose woman." The priest asks, "Is that you, little Johnny Parisi?" "Yes, Father, it is." "And who was the woman you were with?" "I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."

View more questions Search