Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busimumi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Any tips on lightening up hair that has been darkened by semi permanent?
    help I've just had my hair salon coloured 3 days ago from dark blonde/mid brown to dark brown almost black! I look ill I'm way to pale for the colour. Before I left the salon I commented to the colourist that it was darker than I had expected but she insisted it would fade up in no time! I rang next morning to say I still not really keen on the dark colour and she suggested I wash with vosene or head n shoulders and I should notice the diff in a week! Well I have washed my hair about 10x since and it has not made any improvement. Any suggestions pleaseee I'm getting family photos in a few weeks:(
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:19 PM
    If its really semi permanent that definitely should have lightened it at least a little. Are you sure she used the right dye?
    teresa obst Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Mix tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar (not too much) , baking soda and Coca-Cola. It doesn't really matter if your hair is wet or dry. Go in the shower and dump the wet stuff on your head and try to apply evenly all over. Then scrap out the gooey stuff and rub on evenly, too. Leave on for 5 minutes and then rinse. After that, deep condition your hair.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 31, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Semi's usually last around 4-6 washes. But it also depends on the porosity of the hair. If your hair is quite porous, the colour tends to stick in for a bit longer.
    Perhaps try using a good detox/deep cleansing shampoo.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 31, 2008, 04:56 AM
    A semi-permanent color is designed to last through 6 to 12 shampoos or more. However, a semi-permanent color can become permanent on blonde hair or color treated hair that may be porous. Dish detergent has the ability to fade or strip artificial hair color. So try using a few drops of dish detergent with your shampoo to help accelerate the fading process. Another option is to use a clarifying shampoo or an anti residue shampoo to help fade the color. If you don't see any improvement after a week or so, then you may need to go back to the salon and have the color stripped from your hair. In salons, they have the latest hair color removal products that are effective and less damaging on the hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search