Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doublegangus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 10:27 AM
    1200 cub cadet won't start
    I have a Cub Cadet, model 1200 lawnmower. With spring arriving, I am trying to get it ready to go. However, it won't start. There is no spark. I replaced the plug, and am still receiving no spark. Next, I put a new coil on, and still no spark. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might proceed. Other than this problem, this is a good sound tractor.

Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Did you put the coil on upside down by mistake? If so, that can ruin the coil. Then if you are certain you have the coil on correctly, trace the kill wire and make sure it is not bare anywhere, or broken in two and touching the housing, or head.
    doublegangus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doublegangus
    I have a Cub Cadet, model 1200 lawnmower. With spring arriving, I am trying to get it ready to go. However, it won't start. There is no spark. I replaced the plug, and am still receiving no spark. Next, I put a new coil on, and still no spark. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might proceed. Other than this problem, this is a good sound tractor.

Thanks
    Well, I don't think I got it on upside down. Which way is it supposed to be? Which wire is the kill wire?

Thanks
    SkipB Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
    It sounds like a typical mouse nest during the winter problem. Like Mowerman said try disconnecting the kill wire and try to isolate the problem. Mice love nesting under the cooling shround and chewing up wiring.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 08:15 PM
    It should say either, "this side up", or "cylinder side". You have to put it on correctly. The kill wire is the small black wire that you connected to the coil. The wire will have a female blade connection and the coil will have the male blade connector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1620 cub cadet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I need help I need to know how to bleed or purge air out of hydrostatic unit on my 1620 cub cadet?Thanks What kind of answer is that? Let me get this clear being you seem to be a little SLOW This hydo was taken apart by other person so all I'm trying to find out how to bleed air in...

1620 cub cadet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need help with my 1620 cub cadet can anyone tell me how to bleed or purge air out of hydrostatic unit?Thanks

Cub Cadet PTO problems [ 2 Answers ]

:( We have a Cub Cadet 1050 LT, we recently replaced the PTO belt. When I start mowing, if I am going slow, everything is fine, as soon as I speed up, the PTO shuts down. I have to re-engage the PTO and drive super duper slow. Anyone have an idea?

Cub cadet 1800 [ 1 Answers ]

My cub cadet makes a noise in the transaxle when I am going up hill and stops moving it sounds like a grinding noise can anyone help?

Cub Cadet 1200 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys it's me again! I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade. My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings? It...

View more questions Search