Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cub Cadet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Hi I need help I need to know how to bleed or purge air out of hydrostatic unit on my 1620 cub cadet?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    carry it to the shop.
    What kind of answer is that?

it is the kind of answer you need. if you have air in there you need to carry it to a shop and save your transaxle.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let me get this clear being you seem to be a little SLOW This hydo was taken apart by other person so all I'm trying to find out how to bleed air in system.I'm not sure how to purge and if you've never had to do this on a hydro you may not know what you think you know?All I asked was a simple question not your opinion and all I was asking is someone could tell me what I asked.I've work on the older cubs for years but these hydros do get air traped in them.Thanks but not much help I'm trying to save hydro pump not transaxle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet
    Let me get this clear being you seem to be alittle SLOW This hydo was taken apart by other person so all I'm trying to find out how to bleed air in system.I'm not sure how to purge and if you've never had to do this on a hydro you may not know what you think you know?All I asked was a simple question not your opinion and all I was asking is someone could tell me what I asked.I've work on the older cubs for years but these hydros do get air traped in them.Thanks but not much help i'm trying to save hydro pump not transaxle.
    Ok mowerman NO hard feelings let's drop this hole subject and thanks for your time.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Carry it to the shop.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 05:08 PM
    It is the kind of answer you need. If you have air in there you need to carry it to a shop and save your transaxle.

GOOD LUCK!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Oh, now I am slow huh.
    Best wishes.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Good Luck!
    Cub Cadet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Good Luck!
    Thanks for your time .
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet
    Thanks for your time .
    Don't mention it, have a great day.
    2185 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2014, 06:30 AM
    To bleed air out of transaxle lift drive wheels off ground pour 20w50 oil into tank start engine move both drive bars frd. And rev. this could take an hour or more to complete make sure the tank has oil in it as you work the bars look in the tank for bubbles the air has to come out so that the oil can go in DO NOT LET THE TANK RUN DRY!! After you've done this most of the air should be out but keep a close eye on the oil in the TANK!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1620 cub cadet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need help with my 1620 cub cadet can anyone tell me how to bleed or purge air out of hydrostatic unit?Thanks

Cub Cadet PTO problems [ 2 Answers ]

:( We have a Cub Cadet 1050 LT, we recently replaced the PTO belt. When I start mowing, if I am going slow, everything is fine, as soon as I speed up, the PTO shuts down. I have to re-engage the PTO and drive super duper slow. Anyone have an idea?

Cub Cadet steering problems [ 1 Answers ]

How do I aline steering arms on cub cadet 1554 so that one wheel does not go in one direction and the other wheel in the opposite direction? Steering links are measured and seem to be the same length and straight, but when you start driving front tires get out of aline and go in opposite direction.

Cub cadet 1800 [ 1 Answers ]

My cub cadet makes a noise in the transaxle when I am going up hill and stops moving it sounds like a grinding noise can anyone help?

Cub Cadet 1200 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys it's me again! I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade. My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings? It...

View more questions Search