Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Derringer4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Well Saver Pressure Tank
    Installed a 52gal WellSaver Pressure tank... all seems to be working fine however I am concerned that the tank is not storing enough water. You see the unit can be moved side to side (or wobbled) very easily once the small shim underneath (uneven floor) is removed. The tank can be wobbled almost too easily and my guess is there is only a couple of gallons inside the tank. Pressure is decent however I think the well pump is coming on too early. I did set the internal pressure to 28# before bringing in the water. Any ideas? Thanks!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Hey Derringer4

We have a couple great guys here that know pumps real well.. so I will let them help you with main issues... BUT I just had to *POP* in and ask you what kind of shim material you are talking about? Is that shim made of wood, by chance? If so... that is not usually a good thing.. ;)

Wood will most likely rot over time... change that shim to metal and make it a little LARGER (OR add more of them)! Don't want that baby tipping over!

If shim is metal or similar... well... just ignore me... :o

Hey, like I said, others will be by soon. Take care... Mark

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 30, 2008, 10:52 AM
    If your control box's set at 30/50 then you have correctly set the bladder pressure. Like Massplumber I'm concerned about the tank not being stable, especially if you used wood shims.
    You will still get the same amount of water in the tank, wobbly or not so that's not a issue. Let's get the tank fixed up. A better waywould be to levelthe tank with metal shims and then jam wet cement under the open areas under the tank. When you get the open areas all mudded in take a kitchen knife and cut the excess off smooth around the base to give your installation a professional look. Good luck, tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
    All of the above... good advice! The tank will fill more over time. Initially, there will be air under the bladder as well as air above it. Once the air under it begins to dissolve into the water, and it will, then your tank will fill to the level of the bladder and it will have more of a "settled" feel. Be patient for several weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Bigger pressure tank or increase pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new home and the builder had installed a 20 gal pressure tank. I have a jet pump system where the motor sits directly on the tank itself. I really notice the pump running a bit,but also notice the loss of pressure quickly, especially in the shower. Now I was thinking of buying a much...

Water pressure against tank height and tank water capacity [ 5 Answers ]

Normally the head pressure of water is .433 pounds per foot of head. Is there any change in pressure by changing the tank water capacity. e.g. if two tanks of 50ft height having water capacity of one is 10,000 gallons and other one has 20,000 gallons. What will be the water pressure difference...

Well Saver Pump Tank [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a horizontal series pump tank for our well to create larger presser. He has built a stand to make it vertical. Is this okay?

Tank Pressure vs Pump Cut Out Pressure for Well [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to increase my water system pressure to the minimum required 40 PSI to feed my reverse osmosis drinking water filter. However, the 33 gallon pressure tank for my well pump system says it is pre-charged at 30 PSI and that the cut in pressure for my pump should be set equal to that 30...

View more questions Search