Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JazzDriver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Windows XP Upgrade?
    Have an old Packard Bell desktop computer w/ Windows 95 os and an HP Invent desktop w/ Windows ME(2000) os. Looking to try to upgrade both with an Windows XP Upgrade os disk. Only to use the Packard Bell for storage if info. Anywhere I can get the step-by-step process as far as what to do to complete this?

Thanks in advance
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Mar 30, 2008, 05:33 AM
    You won't be able to do an upgrade fron win 95 with an upgrade disk so I suggest put ME on that laptop and then upgrade it

Its pretty straight forward, put the disk in and it will autorun and give you option to install, select that

Then go through the wizard put in your serial number and such, and leave it to install... your computer will reboot (make sure it doesn't boot from the cd) and setup will continue

After a while it will ask you for regianal details and keyboard layout and network options if it detects a network card

Then it will continue and finish and your computer will reboot, when it reboots select your security settings (if its SP2) and user info, and then you can activate
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2008, 06:05 AM
    First you can't upgrade 2 machines with one disk. Windows is licensed to one machine only. Second, I doubt if the Win 95 machine has enough power to run Win XP. The Win ME machine probably does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Will windows 2002 work with windows 2003? [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in getting a pocket PC. It is using windows 2002 software but my PC uses 2003 so will it still work? For example if I use it to write something using theword program on the pocket PC will it still open on my home PC? Thanks Jack

Problem with windows xp home upgrade [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to share files on a work group no domain(if fails,will try that later),I can see and share files from the home upgrade to xp pro but can't access from xp full install to upgrade? Printers work fine on both but can't dee files from xp pro full? Linksys 4 port DSL connection Tried...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

View more questions Search