Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    velvetkitten Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Cream not working for ringworm ?
    I have had those little red bumps on my tummy for a while... I never thought about it until I noticed... when I scratched it... it got WORSE. I finally went to the doc and he simply proscribed me a cream... didn't say much... said... that's a rash... most likely exzema. The rash was still there... the cream stopped the itching though. I went back to my doc and showed him that its still there two inches away from my belly button... round red mark with less red in the center.. you can see the center is a lot better.. but it was drying out and peeling. He looked at it and said... Oh that's ring worm.. keep using the cream...

So I'm left with a name... no info... and a extra prescription for more of the same cream... which by the way is hyder in clotramaderm c... I tried goggling this name and found very very little info... no connection to healing ring worm. Did he give me the wrong stuff ? I mean.. I know the cream has cortisone in it.. so. It helps with the itch.. but... Tonight I was scratching my elbow... and low and behold... I have three new bumps there... itchy as hell... and I noticed not five minutes later... three red bumps about six inches away from the first location. Is it... moving? I know ring worm is not a worm... but.. what the hell ?

I've read some other posts briefly and see that there is a suggestion of having an allergic reaction to the cream... or the need of an oral medication.

I guess my main questions are; was I given the wrong cream ? And Should I ask for a different one or demand an oral medication ?

I'm on Remicade and I know that being on this drug lowers... if not kills your amune system... so what should I do ? Is it even safe for me to take an oral medication for this ? And... if you have had ring worm once... will you be plagued with ring worm all your life ?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:30 AM
    How long were you taking this cream for? Sometimes ringworm, takes at least 2 or 3 or more weeks to heal.

If you think your having an allergic reaction return to your doctor. Also look up information on ringworm. Sure it will help you.

Mar 30, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I've had the cream for over two weeks now.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Then go back to the doctor.

Mar 30, 2008, 11:13 AM
    I did and he just gave me more of the same cream.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
    That does not make any sense to me. There are other creams out there. Other prescriptions. You need to be persistent. Know this is not working and stand your ground.

I also suggest talking to the pharmacist. Most of the time pharmacists knows more about these things and maybe they can recommend something that you can get over the counter. Or even a combination cream that might help you better.

Mar 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
    The cream he gave me is a combination cream. I am planing to go to a walk in since I would have to wait like a week to see this doc again. Talk about these oral medications.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Walk in is probably best bet. That way you see a different doctor and get a second opinion at the same time.

Good luck with everything. Ringworm can be a stubborn rash. I had it before, so I know. );

Hope this time you get some better results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ringworm won't go away [ 22 Answers ]

Help! Help!Help! I contracted ringworm from my new kitten and I went to the doctor who put me on one cream, which really did nothing. Then another cream, which seemed like it was curing it but then suddenly stopped working!! My ringworm is virtually coming back with a vengeance!! I have tried...

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Treatment for Ringworm [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter just started Day Care and has contracted a patch of ringworm on her cheek, with some fine bumps around the area. It has been confirmed by her doctor that it is ringworm. She recommended Lotrimin Cream 3x a day. However every thing I have researched about Lotrimin is...

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

View more questions Search