Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nightstars310 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 12:53 AM
    How long can I stay on birth control pills
    Im 26 years old I had 4 kids but one passed away. Im now on Yasmin birth control pill I have been taking it for 1 year and a half. I don't want anymore kids but afraid I might want in the future. Is it bad to stay on birth control pills for long? And how long is bad?
    Is it safe to stay on them for years?

Thanks
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Well, this is a somewhat of a double ended question.

It's never "good" to stay on medication for long periods, but birth control has limited side effects and if you've been using it for a year, chances are, you'll be fine for the next few years.

There are women who've been on birth control since they were 16, and they're now 24... so technically, as long as you go to your physician every now and then for a checkup, you should be fine.

If you're looking for a more long term birth control method, I would suggest mirena... however, if you do wants kids in the future, stick with yasmin for now.

Remember, once you want kids and you get off birth control, your body will take some time to readjust its hormone levels... so technically the "longer" you're on birth control, it may take "longer" for your body to readjust. I put those in quotations as everyone's body reacts differently.
    nightstars310 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Thank you so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control with pills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been on pills for 2 years now and I'm pretty satisfied with the protection. The only thing that worries me is this: Well after I finish a pack of pills, it takes me 3-4 days to have my period started. And I don't know if I have any chance of getting pregnant in these 4 days. I try to be...

Birth control pills [ 7 Answers ]

I stop taking the birth control pills before the week I was supposed too,because we trying to have a baby it's been 12 days I already took 3 pregnancy tests and I'm still not pregnant and I still don't see my period.

Pills are good for Birth control? [ 3 Answers ]

HI there! I want to start the pills for birth control?I don't have children.Is there any problem with the pills,if I want to have baby after 1 year? PLease help me.

What is the best birth control pills any brand? [ 1 Answers ]

I was newly married and I didn't know much about pills and we don't want to have baby yet any one can suggest a brand of pills that works good. Specially for first timers.:confused:

Birth control pills [ 5 Answers ]

I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control...

View more questions Search