Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhw111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Cannot connect macbook pro to wireless network
    I have a macbook and macbook pro, both 2007 running 10.5
    Macbook connects faultlessly to my wireless router, macbook pro recognizes the network but cannot connect to it. Macbook pro works when cabled directly to the router. Have entered the WEP address correctly, etc but it will not connect.

Any ideas?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2012, 01:19 PM
    1. Make sure the network is setup with WPA2

2. Set up the locations you will be using the most. Use Automatic for everything else

3. Manually enter the DNS information for your ISP

Reference:
    [1] Basic wireless settings for Mac
    [2] Enter ISP DNS
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Check you keychain for any saved passwords for the network you are trying to if you find one delete it. Then open System preferences and check the time, and clear any saved wireless network that you so not regularly use, restart the computer and try again.
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2012, 06:18 AM
    Might want to check configuration. Some mac's look for PPOE handshake which most routers don't support from ISP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear WGR614v6 router and Macbook Pro OSX [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install my netgear router wgr614v6 on my Macbook Pro OSX so that I can function wirelessly without having to purchase a new router. Is this possible? If so how? Many thanks, MacLady

Windows XP Pro SP2 Wireless Networking Issue - Refuses to Connect to Router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home network of 3 computers which share the same broadband connection. I moved house a few months ago and until then I was able to run the internet connection into the wireless router, unfortunately my new ISP (Spanish ISP, Telefonica) refuses connection with everything except their...

MacBook Pro Intel issue [ 2 Answers ]

I realize this is a intel mac issue but here goes... Using flip4mac I can't seem to play any streaming content--just get the message that I need to go to MS and install the media player plugin. More specifically, I tried to watch a streaming ball game on MLB.com. I checked and the plugins all seem...

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search