Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2006, 08:26 AM
    The probate court systems work very well at least in this area, and nursing homes do not just give mediction in TN a doctor will have to prescribe it for a physical or mental need.

It sounds more like someone had family issues with other family members and did not get an attorney to file papers in probate when and as needed to get another person appointed.

Next the son is not responsible for his parents bills, so why would anyone be billing him, they would be billing the estate.

And if the people were caught "red handed" then I will assume they are in jail and you can sue for damages in civil court for any loss.

If this story is real, it is a combination of varoius problems and honestly I believe this is only one side of a story that would have a lot more issues of why it ahppened.

Normally there is always some sides not happy over a court ruling, this sounds more like a lot of libel and slander or one that don't like the way the court case went.

You choice is to hire attorneys and sue, find a person to run against the propate judge next election and back their campaign. But merely spouting off about how bad it is, does not do any good and honestly the story is so outlandish, from the way things normally work, I find it not possible to believe.

What are the address of the people you are talking about, I would like to contact them and see if they would like to tell their story on here also.
    probatecorruption Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Attorney fees of $13,918.50 allowed robert c. thompson, jr.
    Guardian of estate has been unable to sell the house ( because he didn't try)
    Guardian of estate has not paid wells fargo $60,000
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Mar 22, 2006, 09:42 PM
    So why don't you step in and try to sell the house? Tell your sister and BIL, the guardians, that the house must be sold to pay the parents' bills.

And you aren't liable for payment of your parents' bills, so you shouldn't be any further in debt.

Clearly, if your father is recovered from his illness, with the appropriate documentation from medical authorities, he no longer needs a guardian.
    probatecorruption Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2006, 03:35 AM
    The women and their children that entered my parents home and loaded up their cars with our possessions were caught by the Putnam County Sheriff but I was told nothing could be done because it was a civil matter, these women or their children knew no one in my family, they were simply thiefs!

And now the guardian that has done nothing more than have his secretary stamp a few letters, hire a property manager with my parents retirement money to destroy everything they ever acquired in 75 + years and family heirlooms has been awarded ATTORNEY ( rememeber I couldn't file a complaint against him because he wasn't acting as their attorney) FEES OF $13,918.50 ALLOWED ROBERT C. THOMPSON, JR. he did nothing!!
    GUARDIAN OF ESTATE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO SELL THE HOUSE ( because he didnt try )
    04/04/05 GUARDIAN OF ESTATE HAS NOT PAID WELLS FARGO $60,000

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    The probate court systems work very well at least in this area, and nursing homes do not just give mediction in TN a doctor will have to prescribe it for a physical or mental need.

It sounds more like somone had family issues with other family members and did not get an attorney to file papers in probate when and as needed to get another person appointed.

Next the son is not responsible for his parents bills, so why would anyone be billing him, they would be billing the estate.

And if the people were caught "red handed" then I will assume they are in jail and you can sue for damages in civil court for any loss.

If this story is real, it is a combination of varoius problems and honestly I beleive this is only one side of a story that would have alot more issues of why it ahppened.

Normally there is always some sides not happy over a court ruling, this sounds more like alot of libel and slander or one that don't like the way the court case went.

You choice is to hire attorneys and sue, find a person to run against the propate judge next election and back thier campaign. But merley spouting off about how bad it is, does not do any good and honestly the story is so outlandish, from the way things normally work, I find it not possible to beleive.

What are the address of the people you are talking about, I would like to contact them and see if they would like to tell thier story on here also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

California Probate [ 1 Answers ]

My step-father recently passed away. Prior to his passing, he told one family member that his will was something he wrote on a piece of paper and signed by he and his wife (my step-mother) with no lawyer involved. He told another family member that I was the executress of the estate, and provided...

Probate [ 1 Answers ]

I am durable power of ATTY for Sister Kim. There is no will and I am not sure if I have the power to sell home or not in the event of her death which is imminent... just weeks away.. HELP!

Question about Florida probate law [ 1 Answers ]

Here in Florida if a married couple who own a home in which only the wife is on the title deed , if the wife died would the estate go to probate or would the husband assume the ownership without going to probate.

Probate and Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

Mother died 4years ago, my sister was named personal rep for the estate. It has now been over 4 years, my other sister and I ( both equal beneficiaries) have received a partial distribution and interim accounting about 2 and 1/2 yrs. Ago. Personal Rep. says that keeping the estate open as long as...

Probate real estate [ 0 Answers ]

My mother inherited a house in Michigan where she had never resided , having lived for the last 15 years in Arizona. She died a year later before the executor-lawyer transferred the deed over to her name. Is in the event of death of benifiary before title conveyed from previous estate does title...

View more questions Search