Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blainard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Disk clean up utilities
    Is there any web site that provides freeware & shareware 'Disk clean up utilities' that does not need any registration fee? Please if yes then let me know them.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 29, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Yes.
    One that I find very useful is Ccleaner: CCleaner - Home
    As well as removing junk from your system it also does a good job of cleaning the registry and controlling the programs that load at start up.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Almost any of these "free" downloads will load your computer with spyware.

It will start going pop up crazy with offers to upgrade, or it will tell you all this crap is in the computer, but NOW you have to pay to get it fixed, in other words, only the scan is free, and in many cases, you might not have a single thing wrong, it is just a way to scare you into purchasing the product.

If you must try something free, go to kommando.com and see if she has anything available on her site, it is one of a very few sites that I have never had a problem with any download and I trust it.

Good Luck!
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Apr 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
    CCleaner is a great program... no spyware in there.
    Two other free programs I use all the time are AusLogics Disk Defrag and PageDefrag by SysInternals. (now owned my Microsoft) Both are free.
    In addition AusLogics also makes a free registry defragger but I have not used it yet.

PageDefrag will (as the name implies) defrag your system page file when you boot your computer. It's real quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Amortization for utilities [ 1 Answers ]

How do utilities with no expected life of their service amortize? e.g. phone company offering pre-paid service as it is hard to realize revenue if there is no real-time detection. If they just do it based on previous estimaged usage, which is reasonable, then how do they reconcile differences...

Rent and Utilities [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Dallas, Texas. I am billed separately for my wastewater, which is not included in the rent. I paid my rent and seven days later the manager tells me she cannot take partial payment for the rent because the wastewater was not included in the payment. Now she wants rent, wastewater, and...

Clean & retrive files from hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to buy new computer.how do I retrive hard disk files from my old computer and put it back to new computer?

Utilities payments. [ 20 Answers ]

As a new landlord, I developed my own tenant-landlord contract. I wanted the tenant to pay all utilties so I include a phrase that says, "The tenant shall pay all utilities including, but not limited to electrical, telephone, gas and sewer." I am also hooked up to a water meter (one of the...

View more questions Search