Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cazed23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 09:02 AM
    TV Picture Problems
    I have a Phillips TV (afraid I don't know the model off the top of my head) and sometimes when Im watching it there seems to be a patch on the left hand side that is yellowy green in colour the picture is still clear but whatever moves in this patch is yellowy green does anyone know why this happens or let me know how to stop it happening in future? :confused:
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Feb 7, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Is the TV sited by a speaker or other magnetic device. Magnets cause this sort of problem. Can easily be shown by putting a magnetised screwdriver close to the front of the screen.

Is this an old TV? When I worked in the trade I used to regularly gave to take a degaussing machine out to the home and run this over the set.

Failing that maybe the set is just shot!

Feb 8, 2006, 04:11 AM
    Hi there, the TV isn't a year old but it does sit in a unit with my stereo on the shelf above its only a little one with a speaker either side do you think this is why it happens? Maybe I should move it eh?
    Thank you for your help.

Feb 8, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Moved it, and (touch wood) it hasn't happened since. Thank you again it had been bugging me for ages.
    foss1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2006, 09:01 PM
    I also have a picture problem on a JVC flat screen model AV-37F703. I am getting some half moon green spots in both upper corners. Any ideas besides having speakers too close. The TV is 3 years old and we have added no new speakers, etc.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 24, 2006, 12:46 AM
    Hi Foss1 and welcome to the forum.

My guess is that either the television needs de-gaussing. This is a device that produces a high powered magnetic field to clear this sort of problem. Generally your local TV repair man should be able to sort it, but it doies involve a call-out charge.

Has the TV been dropped or hit hard? If so the tube may be damaged beyond repair.

Good luck.
    Majestic_Lizard8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2006, 10:04 AM
    This can be repaired by rubbing large magnets across the screen.

I'm just kidding. Don't do that.
    rasshel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:55 AM

My TV is a Hitachi projection model#43FDX20B and the auto-focus will not adjust the blue. It goes about a third of the way and quits, leaving blue splotches at the top and bottom and where blue colors appear is smeared
    vlsing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
    I have a Sanyo TV, and my problem is when you turn the TV on the picture only stays in maybe 2 seconds, but the sound is there.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vlsing View Post
    I have a Sanyo tv, and my problem is when you turn the tv on the picture only stays in maybe 2 seconds, but the sound is there.
    Post your own question with the model number. Also post whether you are using a sound system or some kind of external speakers or if the sound is coming from the TV. And post whether the TV screen goes completely dark (like it is completely off) or is still lit up (like it has turned on, but the picture hasn't come on the screen yet). Also, can you see the TV's built in menu? Check this by using the TV remote, not your cable or satellite remote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is the person on the picture? [ 24 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me who the person on the picture is? The person is suppose to be well known. http://www.da-shizzaoh.com/hvemerdette.jpg

How to attach a picture... [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to attach a picture for my answer on the lawn and garden forum, but it says that my picture is 1.83MB and it can only fit a 293Kb or something. How can I make my picture smaller? Please help.. :(

Picture blurred [ 1 Answers ]

First happy easter day.my question is , what IS the difference between the NIKON N 75 and NIKON F 75.

Extracting a picture [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, this is what I need, I found a picture in the internet that I like, but instead of saving it, I just right clicked in it and saved it as a desktop background. Now I would like to save it in my pictures folders. But where in my PC the picture is? I almost forgot, the site from where I took...

View more questions Search