Mar 29, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Convert Volts to Pascal
    Hi

Anyone know where I can get formulae to convert voltage to pascal

Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Please clarify, I have no idea what you are asking. Voltage and Pressure are completely different phenomena.
    im-fran Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Physics voltage to pressure
    Have an experiment where a syringe is used to compress air. The compressed air is converted to a voltage on a multimeter. Have the amptitute gain and the sensor sensitivity.Am looking for a formula to convert the voltage to pressure i.e.. Pascals

Anyone have the formula or know where to get it.

Many thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 30, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by im-fran
    Have an experiment where a syringe is used to compress air. The compressed air is converted to a voltage on a multimeter. Have the amptitute gain and the sensor sensitivity.Am looking for a formula to convert the voltage to pressure ie. pascals

Anyone have the formula or know where to get it.

Many thanks
    This is one for the homework board.
    It all depends on HOW you convert (air) pressure into voltage. You can do that in a linear and/or a non-linear way. It all depends on HOW !
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 06:59 AM
    You need to know how the sensor is calibrated, and how it works!
    im-fran Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Voltage to pascals using sensor
    I have an experiment where a syringe is used to compress air. The compressed air is measured using a pressure sensor which converts to voltage on a multimeter. I need to transfer the volts to pascals. I know that the sensor voltage output is directly proportional to the pressure exerted on the sensor. We know the sensor sensitivity, the dc supply voltage, and the amplifier gain. Have been trying to figure it out for days! Any ideas?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 10:40 AM
    You need to calibrate your device. I suggest starting with the plunger removed so that you have 1 atmosphere pressure in the syringe, and measure the voltage. Then insert the plunger and compress the air to half the syringe's volume, and wait a bit so that the air inside the syringe gets back to room temperature (it may heat up a bit when you first compress it). The pressure inside should now be 2 atmospheres - take another voltage reading, and the difference in the two voltage readings is due to 1 atmosphere pressure. Now you know how many volts = 1 atmosphere.
    Mark.F Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 08:33 AM

I am having a simlar problem with a permeability rig. I am using a syringe pump to pressurise a cylinder which has a pressure transducer attached. This is connected to a voltmeter but I need the pressure in Pascals?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 01:37 PM

From what I gather, these units are used in microphone sensitivity.

A typical "open-circuit sensitivity" spec is 5.5 mV/Pa for a condenser microphone and 1.8 mV/Pa for a dynamic microphone.

For what it's worth. I don't know if that'll help or not.
    brightspark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 11:40 PM
    G'day the ratio is 1:5
    1 2 3 4 5 Volts
    4 8 12 16 20 mA
    3 6 9 12 15 psi
    20 40 60 80 100 kpa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between 110 volts and 115 Volts? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference between 110 volts and 115 Volts?

Not enough volts [ 3 Answers ]

I have hung two new ceiling fans in the family room. One light outlet has 6 wires three black three white the other has one black and one white. The switch on the wall has a black and a white. I do not have 110v after turning on the breaker, at the switch I have approx. 75v any ideas. Harsh

Watts to volts [ 3 Answers ]

How many volts are needed to wire several fixtures that total 540 watts. Will a 20 amp breaker handel this.

120 volts vs 240 volts tools [ 3 Answers ]

How do I configure a 120 volts 60hz woodworking tools bought in the usa to work on a 240 volts 50hz power rating in my country without having to compromise the motor operation. I understand that the stepdown transformer can only reduce the voltage but not the cycles. That means that a tool with...

Cl 200 220 volts ? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the CL 200 mean it's a 200 amp service? I can't see the numbers but I'm sure its 2-2-2 alu... the jacket is 1 inch wide 5/8 or so thick... what amp panel can I put in with that.. I have 100 amp service now.. I won't use more elect I just want a bigger box with 30 spaces for more room to...

View more questions Search