Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waveydavey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Linked PC not connecting to the net
    All was working fine until a couple of days ago. I have a PC connected via cable modem and a Linksys sd205 switch. I can connect to the net OK.. the PC in the other room seems connected to me.. it doesn't have the limited or no connectivity but when it tried to connect to any web site it gets page not found.I checked send/received packets but it only seems to be sending not receiving.I checked ports setting on my PC... port 80 and 4223 are open on both pc's. I've switched off firewalls and norton real time virus still the same error.I've disconnected everything and reconnected... still no go. My config settings are

Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  48.2 KB

I've torn most of my hair out so any help will be most gratefully hopefully before I go bald!!
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 28, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waveydavey
    i've torn most of my hair out so any help will be most gratefully hopefully before i go bald!!!
    Have you checked the linked PC to operate properly by connecting it to the modem directly? That would have been the first thing for me to check...
    Please let me know (by clicking my handle and mailing me) if you want me to reply on any additional information and/or questions from your side here.
    Success!
    :)
    waveydavey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Fixed... somehow the ip of default gateway on the other PC had changed. Set it manually to this PC and all now OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining net loss/net income from the end of period spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

In the end of period spreadsheet/worksheet for the current year, the Debit total is $436,700 and the credit total is $523,550. What is the amount of net loss or net income in preparing the income statement from the end-of-period spreadsheet?

Consolidated Net Income Net Adjustment [ 3 Answers ]

I sure could use some help here. Dunn Corporation owns 100% of Grey Corporation’s common stock. On January 2, 2001, Dunn sold to Grey, for $40,000, machinery with a carrying amount of $30,000. Grey is depreciating the acquired machinery over a five-year life by the straight-line method. The net...

Net sales, cost of goods, net profit [ 2 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

ASP.Net with VB.net or C# and FrontEnd or BackEnd [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am working in software company,with ASP.Net and SQL I use vb lang. and also interested in C#, which has the better future I am working for last 7 months and not specialized in FrontEnd or BackEnd. Is ASP.Net having enough scope. I am Looking For General suggestions and Tips About...

Connecting to net with laptop dell [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to connect my dell laptop to net .broadband cable modem but laptop says can't retrieve isp address and low power I think.. my modem lights are both green laptop has one orange light one yellow light any help appreciated

View more questions Search