Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandra6 Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Early periods
    HI I'm a little worried about my 9 year old daughter, she started her periods on wednesday( I think). It sounds disgusting but what colour should the bleeding be. My daughter's is bright pink is this normal. Please help.:(
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Should be a reddish to dark brown color... if it's very very bright and she complains of pain or severe cramps or something, it may be something else. If it's super super bright it may be a sign of an open wound, so you would want to take her to the doctor if that's the case.
    overweightchick Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra6
    HI I'm a little worried about my 9 year old daughter, she started her periods on wednesday( i think). it sounds disgusting but what colour should the bleeding be. My daughter's is bright pink is this normal. Please help.:(
    It should be red
    dolphin01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Don't worry my daughter started when she was 9 1/2 years old .they start early nowadays,it's the lifestyles we live in.and all the junk food they eat. It starts brown for the first two months ,then it turns red,I think its different for all girls depending on their health.my other daughter is 13 and she has not started yet.
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 06:41 AM
    I agree with dolphin, the blood will be a different color depending on how long it has be outside the body and has oxidized (which makes it brown). Fresh blood is bright red, so maybe the blood you saw was "fresh" for lack of a better word.

Girls are starting earlier now than before, I started when I was in the 5th grade. I thought I was dying, haha! I wouldn't worry unless there are complications!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Why has my period been coming on early for 3 months in a row?:)

Does PILL72 cause very early periods? Is it effective? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I had my periods from july23-26. Then I had unprotected sex with my friend on 28th July. He ejaculated but I think not inside me. For precaution I took pill72. But after 3days i.e. on 3rd aug I'm having my periods. m really worried as periods came in so very early. Could u answer if...

Periods the next day after sex, 7 days early, am I pergnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, me and my girlfrnd had protected sex (we did have a bit of a problem with the condom this time, as it was bit loose from the end, but I did not enter so far so it could touch her, neither did I ejculated in her, I always ejaculate outside her and further check the condom for any hole, nothing...

Is this possible to delay or early periods [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi! I'm going for holidays. I want that my periods come early is this possible. If yes what is the name of the medicine. Thanks please help me.

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

View more questions Search