Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wwcntiques Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Shade loving plants
    What plants/shrubs will thrive in deep shade?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Ferns do great in shade. I have not had much luck with hostas in deep shade though so don't waste your money on those. I had some ferns that were on the north side of my home and got very little sun and did wonderfully but unfortunately died due to the cold. I was wondering just what to plant on that side of my house this year.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I have had pretty good luck with hostas.
    marymack55 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 02:36 PM
    For flowers, you may try Columbine--great varieties of colors, Astilbe--many different forms, Bleeding Heart (hope your luck is better than mine on the bleeding heart). For vines, I have a white Jasmine which is about to bloom right now in GA and it always knocks my sox off because it is soooooooooo nice. This is a variegated variety I've had for 15-20 years--great ground cover, but climbs up my River Birch, I don't mind (more blooms) but you may not care for a climber. Small white bloom, about 1.5 inches across.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

Grass for sun and shade [ 2 Answers ]

Seeking advice for best type of grass for my front lawn. Half is in sun and half is very shady. Planted St. Augustine and it just didn't work for me. Tried to save it but now it looks pitiful:eek: I live in Zone 9. Thanks a bunch! Ladybug66

How to avoid red/orange shade? [ 2 Answers ]

I have natural black asian hair. I had never dye my hair before and I want to dye it CHOCOLATE BROWN. But I had seen many people with black asian hair that intend to dye their hair BROWN and end up reddish/orange brown. I want to dye my hair at home as the salons are too costly. So...

Ingrown hair and dark shade [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shave the hair keep growing down to my neck and I really hate that I'm 23 looking like 28 this ingrown hair and that's when the dark shade comes I'm light brown and its very noticeable major help please thank you

View more questions Search