Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nukdavesmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Military Passports
    Does anyone know if an active military person needs passport to travel? My son will be stationed in Japan and I when he comes home to the US I didn't know if he can travel on his military id. Thanks for the help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I understand your concern, but I don't think there is any need to worry how he will get around. The Military got him to Japan, they will get him back. I don't think you need to worry about passports.
    armyguy98c10 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Military personel do need a government issue passport. But if you are sent overseas due to PCS or TCS the orders count as your passport. If a soldier is being sent to another country due to TDY then they will need the GOV issue Passport. The military is working on having everyone apply for a GOV issue Passport. After that is completed then it will be mandatory to show these passports when traveling to any country due to military orders.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 01:17 PM
    I think the poster was worried how her son was going to get to his residence after landing at an army base, or whatever. Or she was worried he may not be able to come visit her to a local airport. If army personnel land at Trenton air force base (Ontario), then the army gets them onward to other provinces.

I guess she was reunited with her son because we didn't hear from her again. I guess it was a happy time!
    jimshue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
    My fiancé is currently stationed over seas in Okinawa Japan and his two year station is up in April. He was planning on coming home April 3 and we are getting married on April 11, now all of a sudden he's required to have a passport and can't leave until he has one. He probably won't have one for 2-4 weeks. We have to reschedule everything. I don't understand why all of a sudden he needs one when before he just used his orders. Also, way to tell him 12 days before he is supposed to come home! I think it's bull
    jimshue Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
    My fiancé is currently stationed over seas in Okinawa Japan and his two year station is up in April. He was planning on coming home April 3 and we are getting married on April 11, now all of a sudden he's required to have a passport and can't leave until he has one. He probably won't have one for 2-4 weeks. We have to reschedule everything. I don't understand why all of a sudden he needs one when before he just used his orders. Also, way to tell him 12 days before he is supposed to come home! I think it's bull
    malena70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 09:48 AM

My son and I have to travel to Mexico (emergency). My concern is that he doesn't have an passport but he has his military id. Can he travel with his id only?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a passport if you have a felony?:(

New US Passports [ 41 Answers ]

Well, guess just what I heard on FOX (GOVERNMENT NEWS) Network. Knew it was coming, starting Jan 23, 2007, all new passports will have a computer chip implanted in them with your personal information stored on the chip. When the DOT representative was asked what kind of info was stored on the...

Passports [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport once probabtion is complete? And if the charge was falsifying a fed firearm document, will that stop other countries from allowing the felon to enter the country just to visit?

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

There is a lot of discussion on the topic of needing a passport to enter Into Canada next year (2007). Will it be necessary for american truck Drivers entering into Canada to have a passport?

View more questions Search