Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandraD14 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
    memorex dvd's will not play in dvd player= /
    I have bought Memorex 25pk recordable 16x speed, 4.7 gb DVD+R's and i burned a movie on one and it will not play in my dvd player. It says Imcomplete disk. I dont know why its seying this because its supposed be able to have movies burned on it. Can someone help me? maybe im not doing something right when burning it ? Please !!
    Thank youu :D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
    How did you burn the movie? Where did you get the movie?

Mar 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
    I got the movie from limewire. I burned it by windows media player.thanks =)

Mar 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
    What movie was it?

Mar 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
    The benchwarmers
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
    That would be a pirated movie and thus we cannot offer you any help with that.

Mar 28, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Huh ? What do you mean a pirated movie? What's that?
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Did you pay for the movie? If not it's copyright infringement.

Copyright infringement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mar 28, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I have limewire pro, that I paid for. So that's not copyright infringement. But how did it get into all this ?

Mar 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Books, songs, movies etc are protected by copyright. It is illegal to obtain a copy of such matierial without the permission of the copyright holder. When you buy such items, you don't actually own the item, but buy a license to use that item under a set of conditions. One of those conditions is that you don't make copies to give and especially not to sell to other people. When you download copyrighted material for free you are essentially stealing it.

I'm surprised this comes as such a surprise to you since there has been a lot of news coverage about such things.

But the bottomline is that you downloaded an illegal copy and we will not help you steal copyright material.

Mar 28, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Oh OK. I'm sorry . Should I uninstall limewire ?
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Just so you know, you've kind of been swindled with Limewire Pro if that made you believe that the fact of paying a fee made the service legit - it is not. Check their site (I can't link you from work since it's a blocked site), they will have a disclaimer relating to the downloading of copyrighted material.

Yea, you should probably uninstall it, unless you want to risk the wrath of RIAA and MPAA.

Mar 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I would agree that you should uninstall it and delete any material you downloaded from it.

Mar 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Okay thank you guys. Ill uninstall it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Burned Disc will not Finalize,Does not play in my DVD Player. [ 1 Answers ]

When I burn a movie ,I use IMG Burn,But when it is finished. It will not finalize the disc and it will not play on any of my DVD Player`s.Tried deleting the upper and lower filter`s and rebooting but that does not work.Can any one help me please.My Computer and DVD Burner are about 6 year`s old,and...

DVD/CDRW won't play non-commercial DVD's [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Liteon Combo LTC 48161H running on a Compaq s5000cl. The DVD/CDRW drive will not play a non-commercial DVD. I have tried resetting the defaults by left clicking on "My Computer" and right clicking the combo drive, choosing "Properties", then "Auto Play" and clicking the "Restore defaults"...

View more questions Search