Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnandoo Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Server 2003 Local Computer Management Console
    I previoulsy asked this question but didn't provide the correct information.

Using Server 2003 the Local Computer Management Console on the server does not show Local Users and Groups.
    It does not allow me to add the component via the snap in tool.
    Is there another way to add this feature?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 28, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Is this server installed as a member of an Active Directory Domain? Is it a Domain Controller?

Local users and groups do not exist in a Domain Controller. They do in Domain Member Servers.

The only snap-in that is available for users and groups on a Domain Controller is Active Directory Users and Computers. If you have not already installed the Admin Tools Pack, you should do so. I would also suggest installing the Support Tools pack as well so that you can run RepAdmin and DCDiags. These and other helpful tools are part of the Support Tools are a required part of your tool kit if you are running more than one domain controller in an AD Forest.
    dnandoo Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Thanks, that was the issue, the server is the DC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Management Console [ 2 Answers ]

In the Computer Management console I don't see Local Users and Groups under the System Tools. How do I fix that?

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search