Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parws Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Rental home is in foreclosure
    We have been renting a house for a year and found out, not through the homeowner, that the property is in foreclosure. The NOD has been filed was filed 02/01/08. We have been paying the rent every month. Since the house is in foreclosure, do I still have to pay the rent? I need money to move. How much time to I have?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 05:05 AM
    You had better contact your landlord, who should have notified you by now of the foreclosure but I guess he is waiting for the 'last dog to be hung' moneywise, which isn't exactly fair. Once the bank seizes the house you will have to be out, in I guess 30 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental in foreclosure? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I'm a single Mom and I rent a townhome and am up-to-date on my rent payments. A came by wanting to do a home inspection and claiming my rental is in foreclosure. How can I find out if my landlord has my home facing foreclosure? Thanks!

Rental property about to go into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I rented my house in FL to a friend. The lease is up in August 2008. I have paid all of the rent collected to the mortgage company. The rent does not pay the entire mortgage.The first mortgage is not late. However, the second is 60 days late. I am not able to continue to pay this debt. I am filing...

Rental home going into foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have been renting my house since July of this year. I just found out that my landlord has not been making the payments on the house and it is going into foreclosure, she just told me about it and thinks that I should be out of the house by the end of this month! What are my rights? How long do...

Can I lose current home if rental goes to foreclosure? [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a house about four years ago, and put our old one up for sale. When the old one didn't sell, we rented it out and tried to sell again between tenants. Four years later, the rental house has depreciated so much that it is almost worthless. We have had it on the market almost a year, and...

Foreclosure on rental home [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a rental home and I received a notice from a lawyer that the house is being forclosed on and that there are 8 claims against my landlord. I just paid rent for this month and am pretty sure that the landlord is not going to give me back my deposit. I moved in 2 months ago and have paid...

View more questions Search