Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Marrying an older woman
    In October of 2006 I started working with this lady... we work right next to each other for 8-10 hours a day and we are free to talk 90% of the time! Well after about 6 months we took a business trip and had to stay at a hotel. She had a few drinks but I wasn't old enough yet :D One thing led to another... on the way back home the next AFTERNOON:eek: , she said "I wasn't drunk last night". We were both "single" at the time, we both were kind of getting out of bad relationships... So we just continued this open relationship, if that's what you can call it. About four months later, we both were getting a bit tired of the situation and she pretty much said, "Do you want to date me?" I agreed. She's 33 and I'm 22. She has two children from her previous marriage.

Now for almost a year we have been inseparable, I mean we rarely fight, if we do it's just meaningless bickering! I mean I've been in a couple yearlong relationships, but I've never been happier, and neither has she. Things that would have bothered me in the past, don't with her. Vice Versa.

So we got an apartment together starting next month!

We also bought a 1.5 acre lot about an hour away from her ex (who is a jerk, alienating her older child against her and NEVER paying child support!)

We look forward to moving down there in a few years. I'm thinking of proposing this summer. My mother offered me the wedding ring from my late Father. My mother has since remarried and is VERY happy, as well as my brother and I. Is that OK if I give her the diamond placed in a setting I buy? It has GREAT sentimental value to me and I couldn't imagine a better candidate!

Thanks so much, I look forward to your comments!
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Mar 27, 2008, 09:57 PM
    She is divorced? You are sure you are done looking? How is your relationship with the two children? Go for it, congratulations!
    Milner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 10:02 PM
    I was looking too hard, when I stopped, I found her!

I get along great with her younger daughter, the older one has some parent alienation issues due to her ex... but I think it will all settle out in the next year or so...

Thank you!

I do not want to throw this special relationship away just to find someone younger, I think age is just a number :D
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Mar 28, 2008, 12:57 AM
    22 marry 33,sounds unbelievable! But it is OK if you really love each other and want to get married to take care of each other for the rest of your life!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 07:10 AM
    I married an older woman, albeit 1-1/2 years older. 11 years difference is quite a lot, but not unsurmountable. Not trying to put a damper on this relationship, but on the practical side, she will be retired 11 years while you are still working. She will go though menopause when you are like in your 30's, she will likely die at around the same time you do.
    Heck, if this is what you both want, and are committed to spending the rest of your lives together then go for it!
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Mar 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Have you discussed kids? I mean do you want kids of your own? Does she want anymore?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 08:49 AM
    As with any couple contemplating marriage a lot of talking has to be done. I do mean a lot. Talk until your very sure your ready and then talk some more, be sure, after all what's the all fired hurry? You have a lifetime.
    Babywee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 12:06 AM
    I am married now two years with an older woman and things have really changed for the worst. We were all so happy for the 3 years we dated up until a few months before the wedding but I went ahead thinking it was the chills of a wedding turned out I was wrong.

But maybe your wedding might work out for the best but be sure that is what you really want and need and its not lust or attraction at its best. Take time to know her and I mean two kids plus the ones you would want to have and I mean she has experienced a lot from her past marriage and do you know what happened previously if she had 2 kids and then it all went wrong why??

Goodluck
    williebear86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 10:32 PM
    I say go for it. I am in a relationship with an older woman as well but like you said age is just a number when you truly love someone age is the last thing you think of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Younger woman, older man [ 9 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for a year now. Everything was going well and we were very happy. He recently went to the doctor and the doctor said that he has a prostate infection, that can later on lead to prostate cancer. We have not had any kind of sexual contact for more than 1 month, and it...

Should I date a woman 10 years older than me? [ 12 Answers ]

Well, long story short; I was at a bus stop one day and gave my jacket to this woman because it was cold. I gave her my number and said I'll pick it up some other day. She told me her age. 28 years old, and she has three kids in South America. She also had a wedding ring on, but said she's not...

Older Woman/Younger Man [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating someone 19 years younger than I am. He is 20 and I am 38, with 2 kids. We came together a year ago when he was in need of a friend and I in need of companionship. I have known him for about 2 years and we were friendly. When we started hanging out/talking, he told me he...

Older woman, younger man [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend is torned between me and his motherand he feels like he has got to choose, how can I deal with this type of situation

The older woman [ 3 Answers ]

I am 26 yrs. Old and I have been dating a woman 17 yrs my seņor. We have so much chemistry together and we love each other. The relationship started through work, but I don't work there anymore. My friend told me the more time I spend in this relationship the harder It will be for me to find...

View more questions Search