Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoria01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Spontaneous removal of light bulb from my lamp
    Can anyone help if they've had this issue before?
    This morning I got up -it was still quite dark - and was making a cuppa when I noticed something on the kitchen bench near my lamp (yes I use a lamp in my kitchen).
    Anyway I picked the thing up and it was the globe out of said lamp.
    Just sitting there unbroken on the bench.

I thought I may have a ghost, or an intruder (which doesn't really make sense, if you went to the trouble of breaking in someone's house why would you do THAT and nothing else) or maybe that I am sleepwalking?!

I just don't know. Has anyone ever had a bayonet-style bulb spontaneously pop out of the socket?
    I would love some feedback on this.

Thanks
    Victoria01
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Dear Victoria :

Glad we use screw sockets here in the EU !
    But yes that is possible with bayonet sockets. I had a similar experience when I lived in Middle America (El Salvador).
    May be a case of a bad fitting between bulb and socket.
    If however this spooky displacement continues, just put a note near the bulb at night, requesting the ghost to return the bulb to it's "lawful" location afterwards (after whatever he/she is doing with it at night). That normally solves problems of that metaphysical nature... :D
    If not, buy me a ticket and I come to your place to exorcize your kitchen! If you are a good cook, I guess I can sort you out in a couple of weeks :D
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light bulb [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. Can I use a 75 watt intermediate base light bulb?

How to change the light bulb? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change the light bulb in a hampton bay ceiling fan?? It's only like three years old was bought at home depot it's the $250 dollar model. The light bulb is enclosed inside a compartment that unscrews from the fan but I can't figure out how to get to the actual light bulb.

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? [ 5 Answers ]

Golden Retriever The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb? Border Collie Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Dachshund You know I can't reach that stupid lamp! ...

Problems finding bulb for lamp from UK [ 5 Answers ]

My friend just sent me a couple lamps from her trip to England. The problem is, I can't find light bulbs to fit them anywhere. I tried Lowe's and no luck. I don't even know how to go about searching to find out what they are even called. Rather than screwing in, the lamp has 2 prongs that stick up...

View more questions Search