Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leith Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Am I being silly?
    Lately I've been hanging out with these new friends that are like 2-3 years older then me and they all smoke around me, for years I've been saying to myself "smoking is bad smoking is a disusting habit and everyone should quit!" I've even helped one of my friends quit but know every time I'm with them I keep thinking to myself "i really wanna go..." I will even go into shops to have a look at which ones are cheaper and more expencize but I will never buy them because I know I'm to young to get them, but lately I can't stop thinking about it and I'm even having dreams about me smoking and I really enjoy it in my dreams and I know it's a disgusting habit but a part of me really just wants to grab them and just sit there smoking! :mad: and I will joke about it to my friends when really I know to myself I'm not joking.
    Also lately I've been taking these paracetomal tablets to school because I have a stomach condition and I will end up in spaz attacks that will put me in really bad pain so I've been taking 2 every time it happens every 5 hours but lately I've been sat there thinking I should take 3 and more and more and more and I will take them every 4 ish hours instead and I mean it when I know its been like 4-5 hours I will take more even though I'm not in pain and my friend has noticed and she takes them off me but when I get home I just take more and more am I just being silly or should I go see a doctor? :confused:
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Yes you are being silly.

1) don't start smoking it is the most pointless addiction.
    2) Don't say 'spaz attacks' it is from the word spastic which became a cruel word used to describe people with certain disabilities.
    3) Paracetamol is not physiologically addicting. It's psychosomatic (in your head.)
    4) Don't take too much paracetamol you will destroy your liver and that really hurts.
    5) If you are having stomach problems see your doctor and they can give you something that will actually help/ get to the root of the problem. Don't take ibuprofen it will make it worse.

I think you have some issues you should consider talking to the school counsellor about. I also think you need something constructive to channel your energy and give you other things to think about. You should join a club or do some volunteering.

EDIT is it definitely only paracetamol in those tablets? Have a look at the label does it say there are any other active ingredients?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 01:35 PM
    You are very impressionable right now and at the same time, you are very desperate for attention. [I wonder how old you are... 13 or so?]

*Ya got to get a grip*... drop the friends who are too old for you and make yourself focus on some positive stuff... like your favorite subject in school... and take up a sport in physical education.

Best wishes in making good choices in 2008!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Souinds like you are in need of some new and better friends,
    If people around you are making you want to do things you don't, it is time for other friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being silly? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My period was 3 days late when I thought I might be pregnant - although I am on the pill I have missed a few in the past month or 2 - then I came on, on the 3rd day late but the next day I have stopped!. Im not sure what is going on... could I be pregnant? Should I take a test? Or do I...

Silly teen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am now 24 and have a son who is 5. I was really stupid when I was 18 and had a few sexual partners. I have had two paternity tests done and they have both come back negative. I know the other persons name and some of his address how would I go about finding him. It is getting to the stage...

Silly girl [ 1 Answers ]

I'm madly in love with this girl in our class in college, who ,according to her, is committed to a guy who proposed to her in her final year in school, from where she moved on to a city which is far off, say 1000 miles away from that place... where I found her... she hasn't really spent a long time...

Silly, but. [ 3 Answers ]

Silly Bird Riddles What birds spend all their time on their knees? Birds of prey. What do you call a very rude bird? A mockingbird. Where do birds meet for coffee? In a nest-cafe.

Silly little problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi gang, Took it upon myself to cut out and redo the plumbing under my kitchen sink, replace the sink and faucets and add a garbage disposal. Miraculously, everything worked out, except for one little annoying thing - when you turn off the water coming through the faucet, it takes a second for...

View more questions Search