Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marshmellowpuff Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Acting facilities
    I'm 14 from Ireland and I really want to act. I live in a rural area with little facilities. Can anyone help?

p.s I don't want to be famous and I can act well.
    Jack2794 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Well, do you have any friends who also like acting? Perhaps you could start a group. How about your school - do you think they would be prepared to start an after school group or something like that?

Mar 27, 2008, 01:29 PM
    No sadly I'm a lone ranger in this expedition. I go to a convent school and they are only concerned with the academic side of school. Anyway I already asked and they said no.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Is there a way that you could start a community theatre group? Could you post a notice at the library or something telling people about your interest and seeing if anyone else is interested? You could open a free email account (that way your personal information wouldn't be in public view) and see what happens!

Mar 27, 2008, 02:09 PM
    People in my community are sort of old fashioned an don't take acting seriously. So I don't think that will work.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Darlin, you'll never know what will work and what won't unless you try :) It sounds like you're in a drama-void, in your community... but rise to the occasion to be great (Some men are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them.)

What harm would getting the word out do? Remember, "All the world is a stage..." Make your world your stage :)

Good luck, hon. Hope you're able to get something started :)

(Those are both Shakespeare quotes... he is quite "old-fashioned" in my book! )
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    Darlin, you'll never know what will work and what won't unless you try :) It sounds like you're in a drama-void, in your community... but rise to the occasion to be great (Some men are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them.)

What harm would getting the word out do? Remember, "All the world is a stage..." Make your world your stage :)

(Those are both Shakespeare quotes... he is quite "old-fashioned" in my book!!)
    All too true! Why go where the grass is greener when you can make the grass greener where you are?
    Jack2794 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick

(Those are both Shakespeare quotes... he is quite "old-fashioned" in my book!!)
    Yes I certainly agree... and I'm sure other people in your area would enjoy a drama group as, from the sounds of it there aren't many clubs/activities in your area.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 01:17 AM
    We're not done here!

I just wanted to add, that you can almost certainly find plays at a public library or bookstore that you could at least practice what you want to do with others. Or, you could even write your own. You could maybe put on a play for your neighbors. Doing so could be a good reason to have a before and after the play party with food, drinks and fellowship for all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental Heath Facilities [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to get my brother in to a Mental Health Facility. Do we have to declare him "insane"? He's had a first ever mental breakdown, saying weird crazy stuff while on vacation. It just happened a few days ago.

Setting up faxing facilities [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Folks, Could really do with some help here. I have a PC with built in dial up modem, which is not used or connected as far as I'm aware. I have an external broadband router which supplies my 2gb broadband connection. I want to set my computer up to send and receive faxes. To my...

View more questions Search