Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Sewage in crawl space is it hazardous?
    Im going to get right to the point. A pipe broke in crawl space. Raw sewage is in crawl space. Landlord says his plumber says it will just go away. I have kids an need reassurance that it is not a health hazard. Does anybody know what I can do? Or am I just overreacting? The pipe is now fixed and they say the sewage will just dry and go in to the dirt. Is this true?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 27, 2008, 10:59 AM
    If it was me I'd clean it up, dig all the dirt out and dispose of it. I think you could put lime or bleach on it too if you don't want to dig it all up or your landlord won't. Doesn't it smell? I don't think it will just go down into the dirt.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 27, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Raw sewage is in crawl space. Landlord says his plumber says it will just go away.
    Somebody's blowing smoke up your skirt. Raw sewage is the worst kind of health hazard. The pipe MUST be re4paired at once and quick lime spread over the spill. If your landlord won't move on this call the Health Department and make a complaint. Do not let this slide your families heath will depend on your action. Let me know what happens. I'm concerned. Tom
    abib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Thank you. I knew something didn't sound right. Got to go now. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crawl space [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Ontario Canada. I bought a house last July, it's approx. 55 ft by 40 ft with a crawl space of 16 inches in height. There is 2 windows (screens) at each end of the 55 ft length and I was told by the owner to block the windows with styrofoam to keep it warm during the winter time so...

Sewage smell in basement and in bathrooms above crawl space [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house (no septic) approximately 6 months ago and right away had some issues. The house had been rehabed/flipped and about 2 weeks after we moved in water started coming up all the drains in the bathrooms (which are over the craw space). We called a plumber who checked the sewer...

Sewage smell in toilet, ulitity room and crawl space [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I hope someone can help I have a sewage smell coming from my toilet, ulitity room which is now in venting through my house. I've tried Rid X but that's not helping. I don't have any sewage back up just this terrible smell can someone please help me.

Crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there... I've recently came upon a problem with condensation within the home (mini home). Each morning all the windows are really wet and the window sill is soaked! After going under the house I've noticed that things are pretty wet there too. Is there something you can get to...

Crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how much lime I need for crawl space.:o :o

View more questions Search