Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicole25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 09:56 AM
    My boyfriend asked for a break
    My boyfriend told me 4 days ago that he wanted a break.. we have been dating for 2 months. I had to ask quite a few times what was wrong because he was looking really glum and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. He said that his parents where putting too much pressure on him and that he has so much to think about that when it comes to us meeting up he doesn't really feel like he wants to. I live in Greece and he is doing his final year exams before university.. I asked him if we are OK together and he said yes. He gave me a ring for Valentines witch was a month after we started dating and has said he loves me already. I also asked him if he still feels the same way about me and he said yes. He said that its not permanent,we will see how it goes,how long it takes.. Hes done it before apparently. I asked him if we are going to still talk to each other and if we are going to out together and he said yes,but not that often. He looks sad in the playground at school and for 2 days now has been hugging his guy friends!. He starts talking to me allot if I start a conversation but he rarely opens one himself,only to ask me about my school program or something like that. I asked a friend of his if she thinks he wants to break up with me and is doing this to cool things down and she said that he has said the best things about me to her and that I'm the best girl he could ever have found.She also said that there is no chance there is another girl in his life.. I believe he's telling the truth because he hasn't lied to me yet but do I wait for this long?(about 1-3 months)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    There is only so much waiting a person can do for another. If he 'loved' you as he claimed, then he wouldn't have made you wait that long.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
    It sounds as if he has issues, and is not coping with them very well, which is understandable given his age. He should be talking to you instead of creating this little drama. That in itself shows a lack of maturity, and maybe you should press him for what's really up with him. If he can't communicate, or is not forthcoming, then walk away, before his confusion becomes yours.
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Mar 27, 2008, 03:57 PM
    I went through something that's kind of similar. My boyfriend and I had been dating for about 7 months and one morning he told me that he thought we should take a break. He told me that he still loved me and still wanted to be w/ me, but he felt that I needed to focus on things going on in my life and he needed time to deal w/ his stuff too. He felt that I was becoming too wrapped up in the relationship and becoming clingy. I needed to focus on school since my grades were sort of slacking. He said we could still talk on the phone and call each other if we had a problem or needed something, we just wouldn't see each other.

At first I felt sad, but he kept reassuring me that he was still w/ me. After the first week we got bad and hung out one night. Then a week later the same thing happened. He called me and wanted me to come over because he missed me. He picked me up from work the following day and said that he was going to call me on Friday because he wanted to see me again. I got no call and Saturday morning I woke up to a break up message. He said he wanted the break so he could clear his head and try to figure out what he really wanted and that's what he decided.

I don't know if he was always reassuring me just to make me happy or what. It's really hard for me to look back and think that he was lying through all of it. I can't know obviously what your guy is thinking or feeling. Im not trying to sound negative and say this will happen to you too. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Don't assume things about how he truly feels. It's his job to let you know what is going on. If he keeps it inside he's only creating problems for himself. If it goes on too long then you need to just confront him about it. You can't let him waste your time.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 27, 2008, 10:34 PM
    My ex wife wanted a break from out 18 month marriage... she had me locked out of our home and sold everything I owned!! It's over. Face up to it and move on. He is looking somewhere else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much chasing should she do after she's asked for a break? [ 73 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I very much need advice on a specific question as soon as possible. I have spent the last week browsing many threads on this site and find that it is the only place to turn to get level-headed perspectives on these things. However, after all my browsing, I haven't found a...

Commonly asked questions by parents to boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

What are some commonly asked questions by parents to a guy who is taking there daughter out on a date? Any feedback will be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Asked her to marry me she said she needs a break to know herself first. [ 5 Answers ]

Ive just come across this ite and am looking for any advice from anyone with some experience to help me through this matter. I have been dating a beautiful girl for over 3 years now. We first met ata hotel where we worked and well she and I both played a bithard toget in the beginning but...

Girlfriend asked for a 2 week break [ 6 Answers ]

Delete...

View more questions Search