Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanasgreatply Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Crack in ceiling
    I Have A Joint Crack From The Owners Before Us And Want To Fix It They Didn't Do A Good Job Of Covering It Up And It Has Stucco On The Ceiling But The Lines Still Show Throw Can You Please Help Ti Make Me Fix It :(
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 27, 2008, 10:07 AM
    You have to patch it then match whatever the texture is (Stucco?). How wide is the crack? Can you take a photo and post it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Yes, we need clarification on this. That patch may look like stucco but could it be joint compound on drywall? If this is a textured ceiling the chances are it will be very difficult to totally hide the patch.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 27, 2008, 11:44 PM
    I tried this once and it worked perfectly- yake a small brush(like and artists paintbrush) and just dab some fresh spackling compound into the crack. Worked like a charm for me.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Once you have a crack just filling the crack won't help much. If this turns out to be drywall you need to get down to the flat surface by scraping off the texture and then apply fiberglass mesh tape and mudd. However, until nana returns with more info we probably won't know how to help her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shifting ceiling crack repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I best repair a crack in our plaster ceiling that changes slightly as the house shifts with the seasons? The house is 50 years old and the basement wall beneath this room has a crack following the cement block outline that widens and narrows with the seasons (at its widest I can put the tip...

Crack in ceiling. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a crack in the ceiling where the dinning room transitions to the living room. It looks like it has been taped at least once without success. How would I go about fixing this? It seems to be getting longer.

Is this patio going to crack? [ 5 Answers ]

I just had a concrete patio poured about a month ago and I am concerned they did not do it correctly. They framed in the area with 2x4's (even though part of the patio is as much as 12 inches deep) and shoveled red clay into it to help fill it up. Then they poured concrete on top of the loose dirt....

How to crack a coconut [ 5 Answers ]

I know this may be a crazy question, but what is the best way to open a coconut to get the juice out without it spilling everywhere? Thanks

Help me before I crack [ 1 Answers ]

OK I know this is not a lot to work with but I heard this song on a classic rock station, you know 70's 80's and 90's anyway the song sort of sounds like a gangster movie its got gun shots, squealin tires, and police sirens but no real lyrics, I believe the dj said it was a song from the band...

View more questions Search