Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilandnelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
    How can I find out if my house is haunted?
    I live next to a graveyard and I think my house is haunted. All through the night my and other people that live in my house hear doors colsing and toilets flushing. My almost one year old seems like she is scarred at times. I believe that there is something going on in the house but my boyfriend thinks it's my imagination. Even though he hears things too. Is there a way that I can find out about things that has happened in my house? I would like to know if someone died or something like that.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 27, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I would think about maybe searching the land deeds and you may be able to get intouch with some of there former owners. Have you had anything happen in the house? You could also call a paranormal investigator to look around.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 11:01 AM
    I can tell you right now that it's not haunted, even if people have died there. Job done :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Hello April:

Well, I've never run into a haunted house that wasn't proud to be so. Here's what I'd do. Go out onto your front sidewalk. Look back at your house. Give it a good hard look, and then ask it if it's haunted. If it says no, don't believe it.

excon

Apr 8, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Yes there are haunted houses so don't listen to this, you see you have people that will never believe due to the fact they are not open minded or just have never seen a ghost before. I have actually had 5 encounters with paranormal activity so yes I do believe there is much more out there then we will ever know. So what have you done? Have you found out yet?
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by topladyj
    you see you have people that will never belive due to the fact they are not open minded or just have never seen a ghost before
    "Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out" - Richard Feynman

Apr 25, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Umm If you were trying to belittle me it didn't work and you make no sense I am not so open minded my brains are going to fall out... lol But yea I have seen ghost on about 5 or 6 different occasions no drugs or alcohol either. Snicker snicker
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Umm If you were trying to belittle me it didn't work and you make no sense I am not so open minded my brains are gonna fall out...lol But yea I have seen ghost on about 5 or 6 different occasions no drugs or alcohol either. snicker snicker
    Correction, you saw things that you interpreted as ghosts.
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2008, 10:45 AM
    But yea I have seen ghost on about 5 or 6 different occasions no drugs or alcohol either.
    Are u sure they are ghost? was there anyone else near you? u saw ghost at night or day?

Apr 29, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Yeah I am sure of what I saw and yeah I had witnesses at every occasion so its not something I thought was a ghost it was a ghost. This is a pretty touchy subject for me cause yeah I believe and have seen and when people tell me different I get pissed, you weren't there so therefore you don't know I saw. I have had it happen mainly at night but have seen one during the day. I also had one chase me and I stopped and looked it in the eyes and it disappeared like smoke right in front of me.

I also run into this all the time no matter where you go someone doesn't believe in ghost and they are going to tell you that you are wrong and never saw a thing. My mom for instance is this closed minded person just like you so if you don't like what I'm saying quit reading it, till you see you can not say its not so.

I also had to add the sober thing in there cause people ask were you on any drugs. Hell no I wasn't I was a vegitarian and all natural.

Anyway back to what's important AprilandNelson what did you find out?
    Natz86 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
    This is a pretty touchy subject for me cause yeah I belive and have seen and when people tell me different I get pissed, you weren't there so therefore you don't know I saw.
    Bottom line is that if you haven't experienced anything "supernatural"; therefore, something that cannot be explained by common sense or science; you aren't going to convince a non-believer into believing. I myself do believe in the supernatural. At my old house (dated back to circa 1920), we were hearing all types of noises and seeing beings, two in particular. One was, as people call, a "shadow being" and the other we referred to as the lady in white.

Thank god we sold that one. Got a brand new house now. No spirits present either. It's nice for a change to not hear the bumps and scrapes and not waking up sometimes to someone staring at you.
    RaeBear Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
    I believe you too. When my Husband, My Brother and I moved into our new house I started to see shadows going up and down my stair case. I thought it was just my eyes playing with me, but when our bedroom door started to open on it's own I started to believe. Just last night I was in My attic sorting some clothes out with a friend and my nephews tricycle on the other side of the attic slammed against the wall. And tonight my sister and her husband heard someone call her name from my staircase. I was up in my room and didn't hear anything, and my brother was gone all night long. They even got it on a digital voice recorder. So just know that there are REAL people out there that DO believe you!! Toplady is a true believer and you should listen to what she has to say to you. Just reading her answers to you has answered some of my own questions. So thank you both!!

All you NON believers can say what you want but just know that you can't get to me!! Why are you even reading these if you aren't serious? Never mind just like Toplady said, you're just too closed minded to know any better! I just hope that when and If it ever happens to you they won't be as harsh as you are.
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Natz86
    I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement. House is near a graveyard and from what was said before, the house sounds like it has some past. Their might be some residual spirit energy if anything (which is still far from being "haunted", per se)
    Now I'm intrigued:

1. What does it being near a graveyard have to do with anything?
    2. Of course the house has some past, or it wouldn't be here in the present, what do you mean by this?
    3. What is "spirit energy" and where does it come from? Why do you describe it as "residual"?

May 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Now I'm intrigued:

1. What does it being near a graveyard have to do with anything?
    2. Of course the house has some past, or it wouldn't be here in the present, what do you mean by this?
    3. What is "spirit energy" and where does it come from? Why do you describe it as "residual"?
    To answer your question(s)

1. Most activity that I've seen/experienced happened in or around graveyards, and being near a graveyard (at least for me) would provide enough suspicion for me to press further. In no way am I saying that every area near a graveyard is haunted, nor am I saying that all graveyards are haunted; I'm just making a personal observation.

2. Past, as being used as past experiences, not in the sense of past, present future; a residual haunting is not a haunting per se, but more of a recording of an event being captured. No one is positive what causes a residual haunting, but some speculate that certain materials in a building, or the material in an area around it can, in cases of extreme emotion or an extremely traumatic event, capture certain events and "playback" the event long after the persons involved have passed on. In cases of residual hauntings, no spirit is involved, but the energy being released in that moment is captured and retained.

3. Ghosts/Spirits tend to give off energy in the form of electromagnetic field (EMF). This is also referred to by some as "spirit energy", or energy given off by a spirit attempting to manifest itself and make itself known. While it is true that other things such as faulty wiring and certain appliances also give off EMF energy, the theory is that spirits give off EMF energy and by using an EMF detector PROPERLY, you can analyze the strength of the collected energy by the spirit attempting to manifest, proving the spirits existence.
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

May 4, 2008, 09:03 PM
    There are all sorts of people willing to investigate---many times at no cost. But ask around don't let just any group of strangers in your house or ghosts will be the least of your problems. You may even find out that someone you are acquainted with is an investigater--I just found out a neighbor I have been friends with for 10 years or more works with a group!

Let us know how it goes.
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Natz86
    To answer your question(s)

1. Most activity that I've seen/experienced happened in or around graveyards, and being near a graveyard (at least for me) would provide enough suspicion for me to press further. In no way am I saying that every area near a graveyard is haunted, nor am I saying that all graveyards are haunted; I'm just making a personal observation.

2. Past, as being used as past experiences, not in the sense of past, present future; a residual haunting is not a haunting per se, but more of a recording of an event being captured. No one is positive what causes a residual haunting, but some speculate that certain materials in a building, or the material in an area around it can, in cases of extreme emotion or an extremely traumatic event, capture certain events and "playback" the event long after the persons involved have passed on. In cases of residual hauntings, no spirit is involved, but the energy being released in that moment is captured and retained.

3. Ghosts/Spirits tend to give off energy in the form of electromagnetic field (EMF). This is also referred to by some as "spirit energy", or energy given off by a spirit attempting to manifest itself and make itself known. While it is true that other things such as faulty wiring and certain appliances also give off EMF energy, the theory is that spirits give off EMF energy and by using an EMF detector PROPERLY, you can analyze the strength of the collected energy by the spirit attempting to manifest, proving the spirits existence.
    I always find it unnerving that people can believe in such things. I don't see anything in the above that should be attributed to "spirits". I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

May 5, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I always find it unnerving that people can believe in such things. I don't see anything in the above that should be attributed to "spirits". I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
    I didn't ask you if you believed; some people do, others don't. Until you have experienced something unexplainable, you won't believe. I understand that you are a skeptic, I was also. In no way am I trying to "turn you" into a believer. If you don't believe or choose to be oblivious to the fact, that's no one's problem but your own. Mocking the beliefs of others is of no help to the original post, though; if you have no intention to back up your original theory of "no ghosts...", then what is the purpose of posting in the first place (other than maybe to play the devil's advocate to the thread)
    lozzy187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 03:53 AM
    I haven't attually had anythink happen in my new house so far but my daughter who is 2 will talk to somebody called adam in her bedroom, and some nights she will burst into tears asif she is terrified, could this be somethink or someone? Or just a kids imagination? Xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out if my house is haunted? [ 6 Answers ]

I am doing a research project on my house; being that ghosts live there. I'm certain. But I need background information and I'm having trouble finding the information that I need to finish the topic. I want to know if anybody died in the house who built it and stuff like that.

Is My House Haunted [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: When I was in third grade I had a friend over and we were playing with the flashlight in the total darkness. I pointed the flashlight to a corner of the room and a watery looking object was there it did look like it was moving. So we hurry and shut off the light and then the fan just...

Is my house haunted? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Is my house haunted?? Well first of all I saw something or someone laying in my Brothers bed.It really freaked me out.And me and my friend Courtney were swimming in the pool in our backyard,and we saw an old lady or a liked figure of an old lady.One night me and my friends were playing...

Haunted house [ 7 Answers ]

How do I know my house is haunted?:confused:

Is my house haunted [ 11 Answers ]

I Have Been Experinceing Some Weird Things In My Home Well First There Was A Smell That No One Uses And It Passed Through The Room And Then Lingerd Over The Other End. Then A Razor Keeps Appearing Behind The Toilet And My 2 Year Old Sister Is Running Around Saying Cath Them But What Can She See?...

View more questions Search