Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCory Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
    From tub to shower stall
    Hello, I will be remodeling my bathroom soon and will be converting from a tub to a shower stall. It is ground level on a cement slab. My question is should I have to move the drain at all or can I pour and form a drain pan with the drain in it's current "tub standard" position/distance from wall?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 7, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MCory
    Hello, I will be remodeling my bathroom soon and will be converting from a tub to a shower stall. It is ground level on a cement slab. My question is should I have to move the drain at all or can I pour and form a drain pan with the drain in it's current "tub standard" position/distance from wall?
    The only time you'll have to reposition a shower drain is if you're installing a manufactured shower base and the drain has to be "just so".
    To convert to a shower without moving the drain you must first extend the traps raiser up over the floor line 3". Now fill the dap out with dirt to 4{" from the floor line and fill with cement. You may now slope the tile floor to the drain anywhere within the confines of the floor that you've laid out. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stall shower lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to replace the existing light in the stall shower. What do I need to know about the fixture? Where can I get such a light?

Help with shower stall that is not level [ 2 Answers ]

My house is 15 years old, built on a slab and in notoriously shifting red clay soil in Mississippi. My corner shower stall floor (fiberglass with glass enclosure) has always pooled water in one corner--drain is in the center-- and I assume that means it was not level when installed. I am pretty...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Tub/Shower Stall Installation [ 2 Answers ]

For new construction, should the plumbing for spigut, faucet handle, and shower head be installed before placing the tub/shower stall in place or after? Or doesn't it matter? Thanks

Shower stall base [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a house with an unfinished half bath. The shower base was not installed. There is a cast iron pipe coming up through the slab.there is a drain leaded into the pipe with a flange and a liner that is cut off,and a threaded 2" drain screwed into it,it has been there a long time and I...

View more questions Search