Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Repetitive Strain Injury!
    I've completely destroyed my arms typing too much. I when to the Doc yesterday to confirm that it was from the typing and not something more sinister. But I forgot to ask for advice on what to do!

I know I should just stop typing but it really isn't an option at the moment, so I need some damage limitation tips.

I'm taking an NSAID (ibuprofen) and have moved my computer and started using a mouse.

As it's a physical injury I know nothing about the subject so any help much appreciated.

TL
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 03:45 PM
    What you have is a carpal tunnel injury. I have this in both my wrists from typing for years and years. The only remedy for this is of course not typing. I have found that the use of a wrist rest in front of my keyboard and using a mouse pad with a wrist rest has helped me. I did find that when I use a product called Ovaderm Massage cream on my wrists or any of my other joints that have arthritis flare ups, the pain and swelling goes down and stays down. Here is a link if you want to order some. It comes from Australia and I can get it in 10 biz days or less.
    Arthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment - Natural Pain Relief Remedy
    I have tried everything from steroids, Vioxxx, Celebrex, etc. and nothing worked in the long run. I find that I use about 1 jar a year (which is very inexpensive considering the relief I get).
    The more you rest your wrists the better. After I was diagnosed my dr told me not to type for 2 years as both my wrists were that bad he wanted to operate on them. I said no operation, thank you, and have tried everything for years to get relief. I finally found it.

Carpal tunnel is an arthritic like attack on your wrist from over use.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 05:08 PM
    You are so welcome. Also I use this right after I take a bath on my wrists. I use before bedtime and in the morning. It will take about a week to be able to get down to bedtime only. I use this on my knees and have no more pain. I wish you would look at the articles section on the site about the racehorses. Animals cannot say if they hurt or not. I stumbled onto this in a Nexus online magazine article. I think the link is on the site also. I have tried other products from these people and they work. Maurice is a very nice man and will answer emails if you send him one. I don't even take aspirin anymore like I used to.
    yellowflash Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 02:03 AM
    I have it 2 in both arms see a physio they won't cure you but they help get things back on track they also give you wrist supports which are great heat spray helps and doing regular have Chinese remedies help my other tips is taking breaks from typing after every 30 minutes on da comp take break of 15 do some arm have and get on with life keep positive see a councilor if needed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle strain? [ 3 Answers ]

At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by...

Dizziness and eye strain after an hour of watching the computer screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I don't know about you but for me.. working at my computer became a very hard thing to do. After just an hour of working in front of it... I kind of getting dizzy and have different aches right in my both eyes or sometimes even in my head. Did you have similar problems ? How did you...

Elbow strain [ 1 Answers ]

I recently strained my left elbow no breaks or fractures. Range of motion is getting better what are some exercises to get full mobility in my elbow and wrist? Is it common to have pain in your wrist?:cool: :cool: :cool: :confused: 26 male

Repetitive Strain Injury [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post as my query relates to RSI (repetitive strain injury) also known as Work Related Upper Limb Disorder. It is recognized sometimes as a disability so I hope this is the right place. I have basically suffered from RSI since November 2005...

Strain on a PVC drain connection? [ 1 Answers ]

In plumbing a PVC drain system, I'm wondering how much strain can be put on the assembly in order to get proper slopes, connect fittings, etc. Here's an over-simplified example just to illustrate the point: Say you have a toilet at one end of a bathroom, and a stack 8 feet away at the other...

View more questions Search