Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Mar 26, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Which mulch?
    I live in Central Georgia. I have removed all the old pine straw from my flower beds that surround my entire house and I am trying to decide what is the best mulch for my area. I am thinking of cypress mulch or dark wood shavings, and want something that will last with a lot of rain and repell insects.
    I do not want rock or inorganic matter.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 08:44 AM
    If you can get eucalyptus mulch use that. It repels insects just great. Cypress is the next best mulch. The trick to mulch is that you have to keep replenishing it each year as it does deteriorate. Never use pine as it attracts insects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do Termites eat cypres mulch [ 9 Answers ]

I am making flower beds up against my house. I would like mulch, but am afaid of termites. Someone told me that they don't eat or live in cypress mulch. Is that true?

Will mulch against my house foundation cause bug problems? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently ripped out a ton of out of control plants along the side of my house and replaced them with a few small bushes and flowers. I filled in the remaining space with hardwood mulch (with 3 layers of newspaper underneath.) Since then I have been reading about a possible link between mulch...

What is the Best Mulch? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace all the mulch in my landscaping and I'd like to know the best product to use. I'd like it to be as bug free as possible and I'd like it to be brown as opposed to red. Also, how deep should it be? All advice is welcomed!

Can't get mower to mulch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fairly new lawn mower and I cannot get it to mulch or bag the grass? I sharpened the blade last season? What should I do?

View more questions Search