Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Mar 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Shopping for a new phone
    I currently use T-Mobile to go. I probably spend an average of 25 to 35 dollars a month/140 minutes. I have had the same prepaid account for a few years now and would like to get a new number. I would like to try different options as I seem to lack service too much with t-mobile. I love its prices and such... but I don't get service at work, at my father's house, and three of my friend's houses.

There are three things I am looking for:
    -price/minutes. I don't really use too much as evident from above. I mostly do text messages and not as much talking.
    -i would really like to have internet access, email at the least. I hear most plans invlude internet but at an extra 60-100 dollars a month while other provide free wi-fi.
    -download option (ringtones, games, etc.)

I would like to keep things prepaid if possible... but I am not sure email/internet is a part of most prepaid options. I don't mind getting a contract plan as long as the price is desent.

I really like the iPhone, blackberry, and the sidekick seems cool too.

I have been looking at t-mobile (tho, like I said, I don't get great service) alltell, and att/cingular.

Anyone got any tips/recomendations?

Edit: so I can get a tmobile contract plan and this will give me a phone with email and internet
    Att appears to have prepaid phones available though that have email and internetbut it is unclear. I think that is the problem. Everything is unclear. No one ever specifies whether you get the internet with the plan or if it is extra
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Mar 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
    I highly recommend using Alltel. You can even have access to the internet with the prepaid plan. I have never had a problem with Alltel. Prepaid plans range from 29.99 and up. You can even pay for text packages that range from 5.99 for 350, and up. When I go online, it doesn't cost... it only takes away your minutes from your prepaid plan. Same as when you're browsing for ringtones/games, etc. Now, if you want to purchase a ringtone or game, you must have the money in your prepaid account to cover the cost. Say, you have 29.99 prepaid plan... you can pay 35.00 and you'll have that 5.01 in your account for these purposes. Also, if you don't purchase txt'ing with your plan, if you have extra money in your account, it will charge you, like, 10 per txt.. I think that's the correct amount.

Either way... I really recommend you using Alltel.
    Good luck on your search!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

When I buy myself something, I feel happy. I feel happy for a period, and then I know everything is okay. But when that item becomes old to me, I become depressed because of my real problems, and I don't know how to help the problems, so I go shopping because it makes me feel better. I feel like I...

Shopping on your own [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I am 19 years old now and my mum refuse's to buy me new clothes now, and well lets say I'm not one for buying clothes. I find it embarrassing and don't know what to choose. Am I just being silly or is a lot of people like this. Recently I went shopping with my girlfriend and got clothes as...

Online shopping [ 4 Answers ]

I want to purchase every kind of things online... but I want to pay when I receive my purchased item at my home... is there any facility on net?

Shopping around for a mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

If I shopped around for a mortgage will my credit rating be affected?

Shopping carts [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to create shopping carts and how to make sure it is secure for credit cards? Is this something that I will have to go to the people that offer the service for credit and debit? I have seen that pay pal offers the ablity to create the shopping carts but is there...

View more questions Search