Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathylea Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
    How to stop tabbed roman blinds from sliding when pulling cords
    Hello I just made a roman blind with tabbs. Didn't like the velcro look. When I place it on a rod and go to pull to pull up the blind the curtain slides along the rod and the curtain goes wonky. Does any ever make these type and have any ideas how to anchor it to stop it from slidding on the rod. I placed a ring near the one edge at the back and hooked it to the trim on the side of the window. Least it won't pull across when I pull the strings but was wondering does anyone use another method. Here is the blind I made

Mar 27, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathylea
    hello i just made a roman blind with tabbs. didnt like the velcro look. when i place it on a rod and go to pull to pull up the blind the curtain slides along the rod and the curtain goes wonky. Does any ever make these type and have any ideas how to anchor it to stop it from slidding on the rod. i placed a ring near the one edge at the back and hooked it to the trim on the side of the window. least it wont pull across when i pull the strings but was wondering does anyone use another method. here is the blind i made
    I actually figured this out myself but wanted to keep this to help others. What I did was I but a piece of wood the length from the rings at the back and attached it to just under neath the tabs so it wouldn't show. Then screwed in eyerings to line up with each ring and cord to go through and then still kept the curtain rod so it looks like it hung by that but really what's holding it up is the wood with the eyerings with the cord going through. Kat
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 01:03 AM
    If you were able to figure it out for yourself, I really admire you for being such a creative and innovative person! I am glad that you kept your posts here!

Mar 31, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Thanks so much Clough. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curtains or blinds ? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know which will be the best to buy new curtains or to change to blinds, if I choose blinds I want to hang a chiffon curtain on top as well. Advice ?

DIY Roman Blinds? [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking of making my own window drapery in a style known as "roman blinds". Was wondering where to purchase the needed hardware? Such as pull string roller and locking mechanism. Thanks! Knucklez

92 Honda Civic slow to start when pulling away from stop light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda civic LX it starts first thing when it is cold and once the engine warms up it starts to perform bad. When I start after stopping at a light it hesitates in going when I have my foot sometimes all the way to the floor. When I go from city driving to interstate driving it has a...

Hanging mini blinds on replacement windows [ 2 Answers ]

Can mini blinds be hung on vinyl replacement windows or will that ruin them? I really don't want to hand them on the moulding, but will if that is the only option to keep the windows intact. Thanks!

View more questions Search