Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Wireless connection problem
    Does anybody know why my PC and Samsung d500 can't receive each other? My wireless keyboard and mouse worked fine, also I can't see the infra red program anywhere on control panel. My PC is only around 7 months old and cost £1300 so its not old or cheap and is called philips ls1200. Maybe it's the setting but if anyone is an expert on these things could you please write in simple easy english as my knowledge on PC is... as to what the settings are as I don't understand many things. Do I need to download software? Does my computer have bluetooth?the manuals don't help, just give me headaches, should have asked when I brought it but didn't bother.( that says it all about me)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2006, 01:54 PM
    How do the wireless keyboard and mouse connect? Most that I have seen are either bluetooth or have a transceiver plugged into a USB port, in which case they work by radio waves not infra red.

I've rarely seen desktops with infra red, though most laptops have it. Whether you have bluetooth should have been listed in the spes or in the manual. Go back to where you bought it an ask. If you do have bluetooth there would probably be something listed in control panel.

Feb 6, 2006, 03:44 PM
    I do have something plugged into a usb, so that must be the tranciever. Excellent! Thank you SCOTTGEM! Now that's out of the way can that connect to phones?

Feb 6, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Can what connect to phones? In what way?

Feb 6, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Sorry, can the usb tranciever receive mobile phone signals

Feb 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
    No. That transceiver was designed only to communicate with your particular keyboard and mouse.

Feb 7, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Thank you Scottgem. All my questions have been answered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering buying notebook that has wireless capability. The problem is my old 7 year old computer. The router I was considering has a larger telephone connection than my DSL ordinary telephone size connection. Would an adaptor solve the problem and what is required after plugging in?

Unable to access cgi pages on wireless connection [ 1 Answers ]

When I use my laptop & wireless card with my friends access point I can connect to the web with out a problem. When logged into eBay viewing an item hyperlink I then try to look at the item i.e. cgi.ebay.co.uk page it fails. This does not happen when I an on dial up. Several other pages fail,...

Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I’m using Windows XP and I’m trying to connect to a Linksys wireless router (connection at 54Mbs). I keep on getting this error message (exclamation mark in a yellow triangle) that says “Limited Connectivity) Can anyone tell me all of the possible symptoms, cause, or problems and offer possible...

Wireless connection? [ 4 Answers ]

Before I got my laptop reformatted the wireless connection on it was working fine. It works fine everywhere else but at my friend's house. I can pick up her wireless connection, the signal is very good, but for some reason I can't browse the internet. I tried repairing the connection but I get a...

Wireless/cable internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 issues. Now I am new to this, so please don't judge me. 1) I was recently by my friend with my laptop (has wireless connectivity). I was able to connect to the wireless modem - got an ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway - but, still couldn't connect to the internet. I...

View more questions Search