Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gran66 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Doll Picture
    Attached is a photo of one of my dolls. She is a phonograph doll with six records. Does anyone have any idea of the value?
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 12:52 AM
    When you say "phonograph doll" do you mean the kind that does what is described on the following link?

4 posts tagged “camera” - jelene's Blog on Vox

Below is a quote from the link above.

About this doll, the oldest doll I have in my collection: The Mae Starr doll is another doll that played music with light blue cylinders. Phonograph dolls talk, sing and play cylinders like a record... Mae Starr is 29 inches tall, four inches larger than the Genuine Madame Hendren. The Mae Starr doll was made from 1928 through 1944, when doll production stopped because of the shortage of materials due to World War II. On the back of the shoulder plate is the identifying name: "Mae Starr Doll". There is a rare advertising cylinder for Mae Starr titled "The Mae Star Dolly", which carries this title on the rim of the cylinder. These cylinders were supplied by the Averill Company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name that doll [ 2 Answers ]

I had a doll in the 80s and he was a hard headed plastic doll with hard plastic hands but the rest of the body was rag doll style,he's hair was wool,and he wore a cordroy sandy colour cap with matching dungaries,and a check shirt.he also had freckles on his face,the head was about 2 times the size...

Wiring for picture in picture [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new plsma TV with one tuner,a dvd,and a receiver. No cable box. How would I wire this up to get picture in picture?

Connecting RCA Tv picture in picture with components [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a RCA TV (with picture in a picture feature active) Direct Tv satelitte receiver, vcr, colby dvd player? We have had the RCA Tv for some time but never used the picture in a picture feature cause we did not know how to do this. I know you have to have a vcr in order to do it....

View more questions Search