Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FiZZBANG Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Do I Have Depression?
    I know you see these posts all the time,
    I've searched around for an answer and I've already read symptoms of depression and all that.
    It's just that I really don't know if I actually am depressed.
    I'll tell you some more now.

I'm fourteen years old,
    By the way.

I went to London on a school trip,
    I feinted there and ever since that I felt guilty for some reason.
    That was almost a month ago, and since then I just never feel like doing anything,
    I feel alone constantly, I don't know who my friends are anymore and I can see that it annoys people that I'm upset.
    Not many people would be able to tell because I felt like I was doing something wrong by feeling so down,
    So I hid it, covered it up.
    It's getting worse though, for example today I slept for 14 hours, I kept on stopping what I was doing and just staring into the wall.
    I don't understand why I feel so down because by right I shouldn't.
    It's all I can do to keep it hidden, and to stop myself from crying.
    Every piece of criticism I receive is taken straight to heart,
    And it makes me feel like an utter idiot.

I'm scared, because I have no one to talk to about this,
    I've tried believe me, everyone just shrugged it off.
    Everyone always says 'Oh, you'll grow out of it' or 'You're just being hormonal',
    But none of my friends seem to be like this.
    I feel alone, and I feel awful, guilty, tired, overly shy, paranoid and estranged.
    I don't know, I'd just like to know if I should see someone about it.
    I'm scared to though.

I went on a bit then, sorry.
    I'll be grateful if you could help though.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 26, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Go and see adoctor hun if no one will listen he or she will,we will as well but we can't really do that much hun I wish we could all we can do is read your post and give you are opinions please go to the doctor before it gets any worse

And you shouldn't feel guilty about fainting it happens to most of us,lack of food,health problem,lots of traveling,lack of sleep etc don't feel bad about it go the doctors and see what's wrong OK hun

Mar 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Thanks C:
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I'm no doctor, but you sound depressed to me. See a doctor.

Mar 26, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Before you fainted how did you feel?
    Was u hot?
    Swetting?
    Shaking?
    Feel sick or was sick?
    Heart beating fast?

Mar 26, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I was shaking
    And feeling lightheaded and dizzy.
    I was really warm too.
    I went to the doctor about it though and had a blood test,
    The 3 he tested for came back clear though.
    He tested for iron levels, sugar levels and my thyroid gland.
    I think ><;
    Phason Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 11:21 AM
    It is depression I think. Go to the doctors. Trust me I have depression. I told my Mum and she has been so supportive. Depression is very common. Don't hold your feelings in. Its bad. You might end up doing something dumb. If it was hormones it wouldn't be getting worst. If you want someone to talk to then tell me. Do you have email? I am here for you as I was actually diagnosed with depression.

Mar 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
    The reason I asked is because its possible it could have been an anxiety panic attack and anxiety panic attacks can lead to depression or the other way round I think most people have suffered with depression at least once in their life I no I have,I had bad panic attacks when I lived in england I couldn't go out on myown just thinking about going out would make me sick.it was the bizi streets,people rushing round,big buildings towering over head,I moved to ireland the panic attacks stopped eventually and I had depression for few years for afew reasons family life,thought I couldn't have kids because I had bad accident[got 2 now],taking drugs didn't help either and neither did myx with him being super paranoid and blaming me for everything I'm OK now have the odd couple of days amonth were I don't go out and I feel down but other than that I'm fine. You should go to your doctor and talk about it he or she can help with both anxiety and depression and sort you out with afew tips on how to calm yourself when having an attack

Let us no how it goes hun

Mar 28, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Thankss,
    I'll try C:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend has depression. Over the last couple weeks her dad has been going on all-out rampages yelling at her, and at one point called her a worthless,good-for-nothing, slut. He drinks a lot and it is always yelling after he drinks. Is this alcoholism? Can her psychologist put him in Rehab,...

Depression, why? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I've been feeling a little down lately, I'm thinking it was because of me yelling at my g/f then she goes and says its because of her and I think it's a combination of stuff, I'm thinking it might be caused by my absence of bowling, I've been bowling for like 6 years now and I haven't bowled in...

Depression [ 4 Answers ]

Name some of the pro's and con's of lifestyle changes verses medication in the treatment of depression?

Depression [ 31 Answers ]

I've suffered from depression for 4years and its getting to the stage of not coping! There are many causes of this and seeing a counselor didn't seem to help. Anti-depressants just seem to mask the symptoms, any suggestions? Please help can't cope anymore?

View more questions Search