Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1deadbeatdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Custody in Texas
    How can I take custody rights away from my children's father?:mad: :confused:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 02:45 PM
    You have to get his consent or have a very good legal reason and argue that he is an unfit parent, which will probably result in court dates, lawyers, legal fees, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
    You can also try and prove he is a serious threat or danager, so much so that even supervised visits would even be danger.
    It will take an attorney and lots of evidene as to why the father should not have any rights
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1deadbeatdad
    How can I take custody rights away from my children's father?:mad: :confused:
    Please describe what custody rights the father has currently. Are, or were, you married to him? Are you divorced? Is there an order giving him custody or visitation? What age and sex are the children? Why do yo want to take custody rights away from your children's father?
    1deadbeatdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Please describe what custody rights the father has currently. Are, or were, you married to him? Are you divorced? Is there an order giving him custody or visitation? What age and sex are the children? Why do yo want to take custody rights away from your children's father?

I was never married to him. He has no relationship with my daughters who are 14 and 12. He has a court order to pay child support but never has. He has a history of family violence,drugs,probation and in/out of jail. :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2008, 10:07 AM
    You didn't answer George's question. What custody rights does he have now? That is the key issue. You say he has no relationship, has defaulted on court ordered support. So why do you need to do anything? Is there a visitation schedule ordered by the court? Are there any custody rights ordered by the court?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary custody vs final custody [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am the father of 2 16 month old twin girls, we went to court and I have temp custody. Mother is charged with domestic abuse. My question is.. if I have had temp custody for over a half a year and the kids are doing great, would it be hard for me to keep being custodial parent in joint custody...

Custody adoption and custody [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and her husband are having dilemma. She has a child from a relationship before she got with her husband at some point. The daughter now loves her step dad more than her real father who is living with a woman now also. My sister is trying to stay very opened minded and has done great for...

Keeping custody in North Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex but the children reside with me. We just finished mediation and he did not do too well. He asked the mediator (a former judge) how to get the children when they turn 12. He bascially told him how to be a dad. Now he is visiting when he is supposed to and he is...

Child custody in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

I am in the process of going through a divorce. We have 2 children and have agreed that one child will live with me and the other child will live with her with visitation rights for each parent for the other child. We have done an uncontested divorce on-line and have just received our paperwork...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search