Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asbagban Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Is normal or poor Semen analysis abnormal 61%. Dead sperms 45%
    So. Please help me how much sperms count want to be normal... my normal sperm counting is 39% and abnormal sperms counting is 61%... my live sperm counting is 55% and dead sperms counting is 45%...

NORMAL SPERMS 39%
    ABNORMAL SPERMS 61%
    Head Defect 51%+
    Mid Piece Defect 3%+
    Tail Defect 7%
    LIVE SPERM 55%
    DEAD SPERM 45%
    AUTOAGGLUTINATION NIL
    FRUCTOSE TEST POSITIVE

Thanks

Regards
    Aijaz
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Live/dead sounds about right, but abnormal/normal is a bit off.
    Fructose test sounds correct, fructose increases sperm motility (movement). Overall sounds like you may have a fertility issue, but I'm certainly NO EXPERT at this.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Several questions you need to answer.

1) have you had any of the following conditions in the last few (1-3) months?

- stress
    - infections
    - illness, chronic or acute
    - cold or virus
    - fever
    - tobacco use
    - alcohol use
    - drug use, either prescribed meds or recreational
    - spent time in a polluted city (poor air, water, etc)

All of these can adversely affect sperm quality. Removing these from your environment can help improve the quality of viable sperm. If you have had sickness or been on medications, it is especially important to note that these may have altered your results. Its common to do at least one if not two follow up semen analysis after about 3 months, since that is how long it takes them to develop.

2) do you do any of the following positive actions to improve sperm quality?

- take a good multivitamin
    - exercise regularly
    - avoid hot baths or even extreme heat (weather)
    - wear boxer underwear instead of briefs that snug the testes to the body

I can't stress enough how good exercise and proper nutrition, including a good multivitamin, can potentially change your situation. What has your medical provider told you to do to improve your percentages?

3) what is your age?

viability of sperm is suspected to be compromised the older you get due to potential DNA damage. This doesn't mean an older man cannot have healthy sperm. It means the older you are, the more likely you are to have more damaged, defective sperm, especially if you have some of the bad habits or conditions listed above and fail to do the good things listed above. Some people will treat their bodies poorly and be fine... some need to do all they can to ensure semen viability is optimized.

Your analysis also didn't say anything about sperm count... so the %s alone don't say all the info needed. Assuming that your sperm count is OK, there are still improvements that need to be made to ensure the best chance at conception.

So... the good news is you might be able to improve your numbers with things that constitute healthy living, such as good nutrition and exercise. Improving your health or living conditions is a good start, with a scheduled follow-up analysis in about 3 months.

What prompted this analysis? Trying to conceive and having problems? What has your doctor told you?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 02:10 PM
    asbagban agrees: This thing already I tried...
    What?. you've done all of this?

What is your situation? How long have you been trying to conceive? Ages?

What has your medical provider told you??

More info please.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 02:25 PM
    One last try...

You need to provide more information. You tried ALL I said? All of it?

What prompted your analysis? Are you trying to conceive with a mate? Having problems?

What has your provider told you? What did they say the next step was?

Unless you provide more info, this thread is done.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Maybe he was exposed to intermediate doses of radioactive material, or something of that sort, kp.

I know that causes sterility, but I don't know anything else about it.
    asbagban Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Give me multivitamin product like...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    one last try...

you need to provide more information. you tried ALL i said? all of it?

what prompted your analysis? are you trying to conceive with a mate? having problems?

what has your provider told you? what did they say the next step was?

unless you provide more info, this thread is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex and sperms [ 2 Answers ]

Its it true that air kills sperms?

Is he normal or am I abnormal [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend a long while now, we are both in our 20s. From the start he has always vocalised sex, and told me when he is horny etc. as I had never been in a relationship I found it hard and there was tension between us, as sometimes I got embarrassed etc. now I'm finding I'm...

Abnormal Hair Test Transforming to Normal, possible? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently taken a Hair Follicle Drug Test through the Courthouse. I received my test results in the mail a few days ago. The results displayed exactly these words: * "The hair sample submitted is an unsuitable specimen that a) appears to be heavily contaminated with drug beyond that which...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

View more questions Search