Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wordly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Vacation with ex-husband
    Hi, I am Living with a man for about 5 months. I got divorced about 10 months ago. My ex and I remain very close friends ( non-sexual). He has planned a trip for 2 weeks out of the country and I want to join him.

1. I want to go irrespective if my ex went.
    2. My ex would go irrespective if I went.

Do you think it would be a bad idea??

Do you think it would ruin my relationship with my present boyfriend.

I know it's selfish but I need the vacation and my ex and I always have a good time together.:confused:
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Depends. What is your commitment to the man you are living with? Sounds like it is a committed relationship. If it is, going away for two weeks with another man can't help the relationship.

If you want to go whether your ex goes or not, go by yourself or get the man you are living with to go with you.
    mariposa11 Posts: 48, Reputation: 4

Mar 27, 2008, 11:52 AM
    If you and your ex are such great friends and enjoy each other's company so much that you want to take this trip together, why is he your ex? If my husband took to hanging out with his ex wife in the mall, let alone planned a trip with her, I would feel betrayed.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Not a good idea to go away for a 2 week vacation. Why not save up your money and go on a vacation with your new man? Sounds like you and your ex still have not cut the cord. Being friends is one thing, taking 2 week vacations together is another thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Take the new boyfriend with you? Of course it would ruin any normal boyfriend relastionship. So go on the trip by yourself, or with the new boyfiriend.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 06:25 PM
    I couldn't even begin to imagine what I would go through night and day for two weeks wondering what is my significant other up to with the ex right about now?? Hmmm

I agree with Fr_Chuck take your new guy with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Do you think it would ruin my relationship with my present boyfriend.
    Have a good time, and be ready to get a new boyfriend, when you get back.
    sunnyMI Posts: 62, Reputation: 7

Apr 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
    How would you feel if your boyfriend went on vacation with another female? Not to mention an ex, someone he felt something with at one time? If you care for you current boyfriend, which I question, I would suggest not going!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I go on vacation? [ 17 Answers ]

Why won't askmehelpdesk.com let me go on vacation? Why don't they have a place where it says their email on every page so you can contact them?

Husband leaving family on vacation [ 6 Answers ]

I've been married for 6 years. My husband and I visited Ireland about 5 yrs ago. We live in NC, USA. His mother is going to Ireland again in June with her husband and has invited my husband and 5 yr old son and agreed to pay their way. My husband has said yes. They're not paying for me and...

Too soon to vacation together? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months. Spring Break is coming up and I am going with my friends (4 girls, 2 guys) to Myrtle Beach, SC. My boyfriend at first had a BIG problem with me going- he still has some trust issues (afraid I'll cheat, etc.. ) So I talked to my friends and they...

I need a vacation! [ 2 Answers ]

I have some vacation time I can use, and I haven't been on a real vacation in about six years. I was thinking about a cruise just a short one, not too expensive. Any ideas. I will most likely have to go alone, so any tips on the that would be helpful as well. How much should it cost, what...

View more questions Search