Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nitja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
    DNS unable to resolve IP address
    Hello I'm new here. I've been having some sort of unknown problems with me internet since yesterday. My desktop computer can access the internet but I can't access the internet using my D-link. My other computer can't get internet at all now.

I read this
    "Compare/confirm these key IP settings first:

IP address (should be almost the same, but not the same... probably only the last octect should be different)
    Subnet mask (should be the same)
    Default Gateway (should be the same)
    DNS server address (should be the same)

If these are correct, next step is to try pinging an Internet IP address, then Internet Host name."

But in my case the IP address. Subnet mask, Default Gateway and DSN server address are all different, how do I change this?
    AskGary Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Go to Start.. Control Panel.. Network Connections.. Choose the network connection you use for internet. You can determine this by comparing IP addresses.

Under the TCP/IP portion of the network connection, there is an option for DNS. You can obtain these automatically from your router or specify your own DNS to override the automatic settings.

It seems like the D-link is not giving the correct DNS to your computer, or you are overriding them somehow. You can use pretty much any DNS servers for your computer (Google DNS to find some), and check to see if this is indeed the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to resolve H4-Issue/Alternate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm Saritha, I would like to know is there any alternative for birthcertificate ,as am applying for my h4-visa, I don't have my birth certificate, how to resolve this issue . Thanks S

24 years old and never dated, need to resolve life riddles! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so here it begins, I come from south indian familly, currently living with my brother and parents and I expect to graduate from university in six months. I have been living in Canada since I was 14 years old, but unlike normal Canadian kids, I never went out to any party or club of any sort,...

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Unable to Resolve DNS [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Anyone got any good ideas on how to fix the issue with Win98 where it does not resolve DNS i.e. you can ping IP addresses fine but not addresses. We have reinstalled tcp/ip, communications etc. recreating DUN, with and without automatic assignment of DNS settings. Tried sfc to replace any...

View more questions Search