Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mobryan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Any suggestions on killing off Ivy?
    Does anyone have any successful methods of killing off a large quantity of English Ivy? I have a landscaping bed in the front of my home that ivy encompasses a great deal of. The previous owners of the home planted the Ivy years and years ago and no one has controlled it very well. We are not big fans of the look either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2008, 01:48 PM
    You need to dig it up to successfully get rid of it totally. Just killing off the top part of the plant with weedkiller is not going to work as this stuff will just keep regrowing and regrowing.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 26, 2008, 04:48 PM
    I'd use Roundup Brush Killer. Not real cheap but it really works and its rain proof in hours. 1 Qt. Brush Killer
    marymack55 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Blow-torches, grenades and salting the ground may slow it down, but you will have to dig and pull. My deepest sympathies
    lawnman14 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Gasoline will kill ivy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growing Ivy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30ft X 8ft wire fence at the bottom of my garden which I wish to cover in climbing plants, IVY has been suggested. Can you suggest an IVY that will grow at the speed of light and cover my fence and which is hardy, also how many would I need to plant and how far apart for the fence to be...

Growing Ivy [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to paint our house and one side of the house is almost completely covered in ivy and I think the only way to paint that side of the house is to very carefully take the ivy down and when they're done put it back with those ties that they sell at the nursery. It seems like...

What kind of Ivy is this? [ 5 Answers ]

I am having some problems with my ivy plant, but I'm not sure what kind of ivy it is, or if it is even truly ivy at all. Can anyone identify it for me? Also the problem is that it is getting white/tan translucent spots with dark brown edges as well as some leaves have edges that are turning dark...

Nothing about ivy [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of ivy would I need to get to grow up my back fence and a brick wall? :)

Growing Ivy [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large hill covered with ivy and want to make it look as good as possible. Is there an easy way to keep weeds out? Also, should I ever fertilize ivy? Thanks.. Brian??

View more questions Search