Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMBANKA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 10:56 AM
    How to transfer digital tapes from camcorder , using vista to make files?
    I just bought hp laptop with vista. I am completely lost.
    I have a camcorder (digital tapes) I would like to record my all family tapes to hard drive media player. This devise works directly with TV but any file has to be recorded from computer. How to record my digital tapes from my camcorder to my laptop using vista. Later I have to transfer files to media player hard drive. I would like to get answer point by point:))
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
    You need a video capture device. Pinnacle is a top maker of them. Generally you connect the capture device to your PC using a USB port. You connect the Camcorder to the device similarly to how you connect to a TV. You can then use Windows Movie Maker or the software that comes with the device to capture the video and turn it into files that you can save to another drive or burn to DVD.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 27, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Agree with Scottgem. But first a few specifics about your devices.
    a) What camcorder (ie mini DV or Hi8 or others)
    b) What connectivity does the camcorder offer besides the composite output- usb, firewire (IEEE 1394)
    c) What connections you have on your laptop - does it have firewire?
    d) What is the configuration of your lap top and the amount of footage that you need to import.
    e) What hard disk media player you are using and the format of digital videos stored on it I s necessary so that you can configure the video capture of your tapes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capturing video from digital sony camcorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer live with picture and...

VCR tapes to computer files [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was any way to hook up a VCR to a computer so that I can save some stuff I have on my VHS tapes onto a CD.

Digital camcorder and computer space [ 2 Answers ]

I just learned it take a lot of computer gigs. To accommodate The digital camcorder Samsung scd263. I have only 40gigs, window xp. I guess I should upgrade my computer first, before purchashing A camcorder

View more questions Search